Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8724 (Misses' Dress Very Easy Vogue)

Reviewed by:racehorse

About racehorsestarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 7/12/09
Posted on:9/22/11 9:14 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
lynneyounger said... (1/12/15 5:02 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. Looks great on you.
ginnie.wise said... (9/26/11 10:47 AM) Reply
I'd have never given this pattern a second look until I saw your version. I've been looking for the 'perfect knit dress' pattern for a gorgeous ITY I have and I think this might be it! Thanks for the review!
marvelous said... (9/24/11 9:15 PM) Reply
Very attractive on you and gorgeous fabric!
Sew4Fun said... (9/23/11 6:30 PM) Reply
What a pretty and flattering dress! Love the fabric.
racehorse said... (9/23/11 12:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the compliments! Karine, I'll look for that issue. I think I'd like it with a dolman sleeve.
NJcowgirl said... (9/23/11 9:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and beautiful fabric. The style looks great on you.
GoodbyeValntino said... (9/23/11 8:15 AM) Reply
Wow! Everything about this dress works for you. What a great deal on the fabric too. It's definitely a winner!
Karine said... (9/23/11 8:01 AM) Reply
Very nice! Your dress looks wonderful on you. I noticed this pattern was featured in the new Threads, showing it with sleeves.
Athene said... (9/22/11 8:08 PM) Reply
Such a pretty dress and you look fabulous in that fabric print.
Athene said... (9/22/11 8:08 PM) Reply
Such a pretty dress and you look fabulous in that fabric print.
Izzie said... (9/22/11 6:30 PM) Reply
Isn't this a great pattern!? The fabric you used is very flattering...love the colors.
SewWil said... (9/22/11 3:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! You have made me need to add this pattern to my inventory. Love your fabric.
racehorse said... (9/22/11 2:40 PM) Reply
Actually, I didn't raise the neckline. It's perfect most of the time but it gaps slightly when I sit down. It could be that I might size down a bit on top. I just found another Vogue pattern I might be able to Frankenpattern for a nice dolman sleeve: Vogue 8682.
marjoriekh said... (9/22/11 1:57 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I think I have to give this one a try. I'm envious of your access to such great prints, that you can actually touch before you buy. I think ArtAttack is right -- the pattern would be easy to modify for a sleeve. Did you have to raise the neckline on this at all, or is it high enough for good coverage as drafted? (Many of these crossover styles are drafted too low, even for those of us who aren't busty.)
LynnG said... (9/22/11 11:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. It seems everyone that makes it has good results. I made it and love it!
ArtAttack said... (9/22/11 10:44 AM) Reply
This is adorable! I have vascillated on whether to try this pattern and you are making the decision for me. Easy to add sleeves. I did it to V1250 which has a similar sleeve cap. Check out my blog at www.myartattack.blogspot.com. Maybe it will help you! Great dress!!
nicegirl said... (9/22/11 10:19 AM) Reply
I have passed up this pattern several times because the lower half looks shapeless but on you I see it is so flattering! You look great in this and love the print.
jenleeC said... (9/22/11 10:07 AM) Reply
Turquoise, orange and tan...love the colours! Great dress to show off this beautiful fabric.
BexInMD said... (9/22/11 10:05 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. You achieved a great fit!
racehorse said... (9/22/11 9:45 AM) Reply
sewnaughty--the FBA is done for you! The pattern comes with different bodice pieces according to your cup size.
sewnaughty said... (9/22/11 9:37 AM) Reply
I love this dress I have looked at this pattern several times but have a had time with making these types of patterns fit because i'm busty.

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern