Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5678 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Shirt and Sash)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:9/26/11 8:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 26 people

SewLibra said... (7/27/13 10:00 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and it's next on my to do list. Thank you very much for the detailed review and tips. Much appreciated and you did a great job!
SAMBoddy said... (3/19/13 8:52 PM) Reply
that looks so cute on you!
OP Gal said... (9/28/11 10:15 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. I love, love that fabric! I feel your pain with the huge easing. I'm always struggling with that. The pleating doesn't show at all and it wouldn't matter if it did. After all, it's a design detail. ; )
JudyP said... (9/27/11 8:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! Your blouse looks beautiful on you!
Yvonski said... (9/27/11 7:58 PM) Reply
Great review, thanks. I like the pleated sleeve top.
nancyc said... (9/27/11 7:50 PM) Reply
This is beautiful! I love your fabric choice. Looks great on you! Thanks for the review.
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/27/11 4:15 PM) Reply
Great blouse - I see potential for many more versions :)
Re Becca said... (9/27/11 12:55 PM) Reply
Fabulous! You look so professional and chic. I actually like the 'design-feature' pleat, the sleeves hang great.
krawz said... (9/27/11 12:43 PM) Reply
It looks fantastic! Thanks for your review - thorough as always - I really appreciate it! I just love that fabric! You'd never know that sleeve pleat was there if it wasn't pointed out. Great job!
Deepika said... (9/27/11 8:48 AM) Reply
Wow beautiful blouse and it fits you really well too. Great style as well. Pleating was a great way to remove the ease in the sleeve cap. Hate when they do that!
Riesie said... (9/27/11 8:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric, Debbie. I know you made this for work but it would be great with jeans, too.
Danvillegirl said... (9/27/11 5:28 AM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern at JoAnn's for $.99. Glad to see your review of this and thanks for the helpful info regarding sleeve cap. I love your version of this.
Annette1 said... (9/27/11 0:31 AM) Reply
Oh, VERY cute, Debbie! I'm glad to see this one made up, as it's been shuffling around in my current pile for a while now. :o) Thanks for the heads-up on the sleeve ease. And as for cup sizes, I think ALL pattern companies should be REQUIRED to make ALL patterns with ALL cup sizes! :o))
sewmytime said... (9/26/11 10:36 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse, and I love how this blouse defines the waist! Thanks for reviewing this pattern!
no7262 said... (9/26/11 10:31 PM) Reply
Very nice! You look great Debbie! Nora :)
Heatherrique said... (9/26/11 9:34 PM) Reply
Very stylish blouse!
EleanorSews said... (9/26/11 9:25 PM) Reply
You always do such through reviews! Your blouse is lovely and so well made. I have this pattern and keep looking at it... Maybe I ought to sew something instead of just looking.
Sew4Fun said... (9/26/11 9:09 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse, Debbie. I really like all the added details, particularly the fabric belt. Nice to see a review of this pattern as it's on my maybe list of purchases.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns