Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Pippa's Dress (Pippa's Dress)

Reviewed by:mollymolly

Last Updated:9/29/11 5:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 28 people

Other Projects by mollymolly using this Pattern

meggy said... (11/9/11 10:09 PM) Reply
I am loving StyleArc too and proud they are Australian, like me. Your dress is gorgeous and I would love to see your completed wedding dress once you have made it. It is exciting to see a review of the Pippa dress. I know what you mean about the instructions with StyleArc patterns, no problem for me yet with their other designs but I am sure your ammended version will help others!
JenniferBee said... (10/4/11 2:30 AM) Reply
Another WOW! your wedding dress is going to look fantastic. Thank you for the detailed review of this pattern. Must admit every thing I've made from these patterns fit beautifully.
JEF said... (10/2/11 10:59 AM) Reply
Wow! Beatiful you and beautiful dress. Can't wait to see the wedding version.
jenleeC said... (10/1/11 8:42 AM) Reply
Your dress is looking fantastic! We'll all be watching for the final wedding dress. I noticed the Butterick pattern too but think the cowl and the sleeve caps look nicer on the Style Arc version.
qz said... (10/1/11 7:33 AM) Reply
wow!! this dress looks amazing on you - like other's have said ---smokin'....!! Style Arc's patterns are awesome...
a life in stitches said... (10/1/11 5:53 AM) Reply
This is looking really promising, and it looks as though the real thing will turn out well. The shape certainly suits you. I expect you have already done the research, but just in case it helps, remember that every fabric behaves slightly differently, especially on the bias, there is lots of info in books such as Claire Shaeffer's couture book, Marcy Tilton's Easyetc (it's the Tops section that is valuable, and Vogue Sewing Book). Interesting to see these bridal patterns coming through. For those of you who prefer Big 4 patterns, I see Butterick have a version, B5710, and they also inspired by That Wedding they have B5731 bridal gown and B5705, child bridesmaid.
slee said... (9/30/11 4:16 PM) Reply
Your muslin looks wonderful on you! It's reassuring that StyleArc is so helpful when you are stuck. I can't wait to see your completed wedding dress! Please post a review for it.
portercs said... (9/30/11 12:58 PM) Reply
Lovely -- Great job!
slmstyle said... (9/30/11 12:52 PM) Reply
Stunning! I can't wait to see your wedding dress in the silk version. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and for challenging yourself to make your own wedding gown! Now I wish I had made my own gown as I had originally planned to. Great review too!
RadarRadiance said... (9/30/11 10:27 AM) Reply
I can just picture this dress done up in a beautiful silk, it has the most beautiful lines and you did a fantastic job on the dress. It looks great! Congratulations!!!
becca a said... (9/30/11 7:34 AM) Reply
What a stunning dress! This "muslin" looks fabulous on you and I'm sure you will be a gorgeous bride. I'm tempted to sew this pattern even though my daughter and I have no need for such a fancy dress at the moment.
Lori V said... (9/30/11 7:07 AM) Reply
Fantastic dress, this is going to be such an amazing wedding dress.
mm said... (9/30/11 4:47 AM) Reply
Great fit and great review. It will be a great wedding dress. Well done.
velosewer said... (9/30/11 0:11 AM) Reply
The dress looks great on you. You're instructions are worth their weight in gold.
Aroura said... (9/29/11 11:59 PM) Reply
Amazing and beautiful! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. You are brave (and talented!) to make your own wedding dress!
sewbehind said... (9/29/11 11:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I can't wait to see the wedding dress too! It looks lovely on you.
JillyBe said... (9/29/11 8:27 PM) Reply
You absolutely do look smokin' hot in this dress! Even though I have no plans on making it myself, I've been looking forward to a review - thanks for such a thorough one. I look forward to seeing the final dress :)
EMSB said... (9/29/11 6:56 PM) Reply
That is beautiful! I can't imagine sewing my own wedding dress. My mom nearly melted down over sewing mine. Some very dear friends stepped in finished it for us. And wouldn't take payment! You look wonderful! Please post the official version. I look forward to seeing it. And I felt teary at the mention of your grandmother. I too still have those moments over my great-grandmother I lost nearly 13 years ago. But I also still hear her voice in my head when I need a little encouragement. She believed in me, so I should too :-). Your grandma would be beyond proud of you!
michellep74 said... (9/29/11 6:37 PM) Reply
Fabulous, fabulous dress! I can't wait to see the final version of this. I have no need (or the figure) for this dress, but I loved the original and have been dying to see someone make it up!
hpsauce said... (9/29/11 6:02 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous! That style is perfect for you. Great job on rewriting the instructions - I'm sure they will help others.
Sew4Fun said... (9/29/11 5:48 PM) Reply
Wow, this is your muslin and it looks amazing on you. Very flattering. I can't get over how well it fits out the envelope. (Well maybe I can because I'm a huge fan of Style Arc and their drafting.) Your wedding dress is going to be out of this world! Great review and it's good to see a review of the infamous Pippa dress, so thanks! Good luck with sewing the real thing.

Simplicity Sew U Home Stretch