Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1238 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:DorothyK

About DorothyKstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:9/29/11 7:02 PM
Last Updated:9/29/11 7:06 PM

valkyrie01 said... (11/18/11 8:25 PM) Reply
OMG you look fantastic! Your choice of contrast fabrics and accessories for the photo make this unique! It is very professional. Thank you for a really informative review; you see I am going to make it, but as a party dress. I found a very shiny dark gun metal silver fabric (making it all the same fabric). I am going to make it a bit smaller and (based on what you said) I am probably going to make the neckline a bit higher. WOW again! Awesome! :-D
salsera7 said... (10/8/11 9:11 PM) Reply
Very courageous of you to make this dress being the Vogue picture is so "ugly". It looks beautiful on you and I love the contrast.
Barbara V said... (10/6/11 1:13 PM) Reply
It's a masterpiece! So creative you are in selecting and arranging very stylish fabrics for this beautiful dress. You wear it so well too.
WJean said... (10/2/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Agreement is made with all of the positive words that were spoken about your creative use of this pattern. While cold weather is approaching my way, I will be sure to save your review and use it for next year's warm weather season. This pattern was purchased for my stash because I believed it to be very classy looking and you've made it so. Too, I appreciate you letting us know about using a smaller size and your approach to shortening the pattern. Your selection of fabrics will cause me to take a trip to Marcy Tilton's site!! Thanks again and you did a wonderfully creative job on this garment.
Diane333 said... (9/30/11 8:09 PM) Reply
You look incredible in your dress. Very chic.
VtMartha said... (9/30/11 3:18 PM) Reply
Oh, my! This is wonderful! I made a similar version which is fun to wear but it never occurred to me to wear it backward. Low front neckline solved!
a life in stitches said... (9/30/11 2:19 PM) Reply
I'm absolutely amazed at this. Your dress looks so much slimmer, and better proportioned, than the pattern picture, and it's hard to analyse why. I suppose it has to do with the shortening, and a thinner drapier fabric. Love the change of neckline too.
portercs said... (9/30/11 12:56 PM) Reply
Love this dress on you!
NVK said... (9/30/11 11:51 AM) Reply
I think the overlay reaching to the hem is perfect. I like it better then the version on the pattern envelope.
NVK said... (9/30/11 11:51 AM) Reply
I agree that the dress has a 1920's chic look. Vogue should be paying you for selling this dress. You had the ability to find the perfect fabric for the dress and to rearrange how the dress was worn. Cudos!!
DoggyGirl said... (9/30/11 11:20 AM) Reply
When I first saw this pattern, I thought "how could this look good on anyone?" I was wrong -on you it's elegant and sophisticated - especially with the lower neckline in the back. Looks sort of 1920's chic viewed from behind. Now I've got to get this one....
NJcowgirl said... (9/30/11 10:42 AM) Reply
You made a beautiful dress--so much nicer than the pattern photo. I agree with Nancy Rhodes that you had good vision and imagination to see the design for what you could do with it.
Bonnie123 said... (9/30/11 8:42 AM) Reply
Wow, you are very creative with your pattern and fabric choices. I like this version best! :)
Amanda.Claire said... (9/30/11 7:38 AM) Reply
What a stunning dress! Your fabric choices are wonderful.
sfshaza said... (9/30/11 3:30 AM) Reply
Dorothy, this looks great on you! I also love how it looks with the deeper neckline in the back. Tres chic!
Ann Smith said... (9/30/11 0:38 AM) Reply
A great dress. How clever of you to turn it around. I didn't realize you had done that.
SewWil said... (9/29/11 11:20 PM) Reply
Your fabric makes this dress! Awesome choice for this pattern. Looks wonderful on you!
jenleeC said... (9/29/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Love your version and your fabric choice really makes the most of this design.
nickelc624 said... (9/29/11 10:55 PM) Reply
I agree with everyone else. I saw this, but did not like it at all, but your version has changed my mind. Yours is MUCH better than the envelope version. Very nice!!
JillyBe said... (9/29/11 10:54 PM) Reply
Fabulous Fabric choices - you look great! I'm another who agrees that they would sell many more of this pattern if your version was on the envelope!
miausiau said... (9/29/11 10:06 PM) Reply
I just passed this pattern on after thinking about it for a while. Your version is chic and unusual, an excellent choice all around. I was daunted by the length of the seams as well as the impossibility of alterations.
bethsews said... (9/29/11 8:25 PM) Reply
I agree with Nancy - Vogue needs to contact you and get your picture on the pattern - much better than the one they have! very nice
Nancy Rhodes said... (9/29/11 7:34 PM) Reply
WOW!!! Love this! Very flattering.. it is a dog on the pattern envelope, all I could ever think was what would THAT to do my hip fluff! Yours makes you look tall and sleek. Your dress is stunning... got to have this one before it is OOP... You certainly have good vision & imagination to see the design for what it could be. I applaud your result!
solosmocker said... (9/29/11 7:09 PM) Reply
Absolutely love it. It looks wonderful on you.

Paradiso Designs Everyday Bag Pattern