Pattern Reviews> Other> 40 (Pyramid Dress)

Reviewed by:DorothyK

About DorothyKstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:9/30/11 11:14 PM
ChixRule said... (1/3/14 5:31 PM) Reply
you made both the patterns I also have! Great to see how well these turned out and have some tips. Looks great on you…especially like the tunic version.
oldsewandsew said... (9/19/13 2:13 AM) Reply
Interesting and unusual - I have this pattern, but am hesitant, as I'll need a FBA, and I'm not sure how to do that with this method. Any help you or others could give me would be appreciated. Your dress is really nice, and would love to get mine made up to see how I like it.
DorothyK said... (3/4/12 8:29 AM) Reply
jmcilyar, I haven't made the longer dress yet but I did recently get fabric for it. It's 60" wide. For 45" fabric, I would definitely add the fabric equally on both sides.
jmcilyar said... (3/3/12 4:52 PM) Reply
Have you made the longer-length dress? If so, did you use 60" wide or 45" and add to the width? If 45", did you add on two sides for balance? I would like to make this dress for a special party but would like it long!
kiddo said... (11/19/11 9:27 AM) Reply
Thank you for a great review. Your results are fabulous! As stunning as the dresses are, I love that they emphasize your unique personality. Your choices of jewelry/accessories are perfect. Thank you for the great review
Barbara V said... (10/6/11 12:19 PM) Reply
Dorothy, I so enjoyed reading your review of your beautiful subtraction dress and tunic especially after seeing you wear the dress in person. I remember how rich and gorgeous it is, and all of the compliments you received from others who noticed it. I'm glad you posted the picture of the pattern layout which really helped demonstrate the concept of the garment. Nice work as always!
Irene said... (10/1/11 9:02 PM) Reply
Wow, these are fabulous! The photo of your pattern layout is worth a thousand words--out of the box, indeed!
rivergum said... (10/1/11 5:57 PM) Reply
Ooooh, like, like, like! Thanks for being such an adventurous sewist and drawing my attention to these patterns. Your versions look fantastic and have really whetted my appetite.
Patti B said... (10/1/11 10:13 AM) Reply
What a stunning and very successful experiment. They look so interesting on you; are they fun to wear? Your accessories are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for the reminder that we need to play more in the sewing room.
NVK said... (10/1/11 8:15 AM) Reply
I remember the first dress you made using the subtraction method. This is really a fun way to make an outfit. I like how well you look in the dress. It is fastinating to see the pattern cut out. I can't wait to see your next version.
jenleeC said... (10/1/11 4:07 AM) Reply
Such a cool pattern! Love it! It reminds me of the Pattern Magic books in that the design and construction is so different from standard flat pattern making.
Elona said... (10/1/11 3:47 AM) Reply
How brave of you to attack this most unusual pattern! The result is very, very pretty on you.
marthamyers said... (9/30/11 11:20 PM) Reply
Exciting is a great word for this. Lovely on you too. I have heard of this method, but haven't ventured into it myself. More fabulous inspiration from your adventures. Thanks for sharing.