Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5672 (Knit Dress with Side Pleats)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:10/4/11 10:42 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
lorrwill said... (10/14/11 5:36 PM) Reply
There you go with those brilliant little details again. Yes, I agree, that picot elastic is very cool. I may have to find some cheap knit to do a muslin and see if need the SBA too - thanks for pointing this out.
Sue Parrott said... (10/6/11 7:36 PM) Reply
That is a great dress! I simply love the picot elastic edge! Cute, cute, cute!!!
carolynw said... (10/5/11 10:50 AM) Reply
This is so nice - fits you perfectly (you have the wonderful figure type to carry this off perfectly) - the fabric is so right for it - you look ultra fashionable
VivianZ said... (10/5/11 9:37 AM) Reply
Cute, cute dress. I love the elastic trim, I thought it was some zipper trim, which would have been slightly uncomfortable. You also seem to have a great fit.
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/5/11 8:12 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress on you! Thanks for the review.
Terri A said... (10/5/11 0:16 AM) Reply
Super dress Trena. The print is great with this dress (and I don't normally like animal print) I can still see the details.
mesewlot said... (10/5/11 0:08 AM) Reply
Very nice dress and fabric~ I love he details of the picot elastic! Thanks for the great review.
Re Becca said... (10/4/11 7:44 PM) Reply
You look FAB! I want this dress, I want that figure! Genius edge finish BTW.
marec said... (10/4/11 7:38 PM) Reply
This is a knockout dress on you Trena. I also love that you used picot elastic as trim-that is so creative. The fabric, the fit and the design are just perfect for you.
no7262 said... (10/4/11 5:25 PM) Reply
I have been looking at this dress! It looks great on you. Thanks for all the great info in your review! Nora :)
Deepika said... (10/4/11 5:00 PM) Reply
You always make such pretty dresses. Love how well it fits you.
SewWil said... (10/4/11 4:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I like your addition of the picot elastic. Nice detail. Your dress looks great on you.
prttynpnk said... (10/4/11 2:50 PM) Reply
So cute on you!
Mufffet said... (10/4/11 2:03 PM) Reply
I love the photos without the belt! GREAT fit and such a nice smooth line up the side with the pleats - lovely on you.
DorothyK said... (10/4/11 1:46 PM) Reply
This dress is adorable on you. I love the fabric and the trim - that's a good touch. The dress is very flattering. You look great.
Lynnelle said... (10/4/11 1:44 PM) Reply
Very nice dress.
4u2cme said... (10/4/11 11:28 AM) Reply
Great looking dress. The elastic trim was just the right accent. Your review makes me want to pick up this pattern. Hancock's has Butterick patterns for $.99 this week.

All About Linings