Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Posted on:10/4/11 2:01 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

AppleGirl said... (1/23/13 3:50 PM) Reply
Add elastic shearing to the upper back like the MadeByRae Washi dress. That will solve the problem & you can wear your cute dress. Google MadeByRae!!!
Batik said... (10/19/11 2:38 AM) Reply
Looks so cute from the front, I wonder if the Lisette Portfolio dress would work for you? Some people have made really cute ones and it has a similar look in the front.
debbieB said... (10/7/11 7:32 PM) Reply
Would a belt help? It is so cute,I'd hate not to be able to wear it.
ChristmasHills said... (10/5/11 1:40 AM) Reply
Hi Rickki, I had the same problems with this top - ie shapelessness. After 6 months in the bottom of the cupboard I have hauled it out. I did as Nora suggested actually. Put the darts in the back, took in the side seams and then sewed the pleats in the front down about 5inches. It looks better, probably wearable - at least round the house.
no7262 said... (10/4/11 5:28 PM) Reply
Rikki, let us know how it goes for you! i always have to make adjustments to shapeless dress! Nora :)
Rikki23 said... (10/4/11 1:05 PM) Reply
thanks for the advice no7262...I'd really like to save this one, so I will definitely give it a try! And if that doesn't work, i'll do as Huntwoman suggested, and where it if I get pregnant ;) Thanks nicegirl, you get me!
nicegirl said... (10/4/11 10:47 AM) Reply
Oh dear, it's a pity it isn't flattering because you did an adorable job on it. That I cannot wear the shapeless look has taken me many bitter tries to figure out; I feel you.
no7262 said... (10/4/11 7:11 AM) Reply
I think that if you put some fish darts in the back waist it will give it a nice shape. Also try taking in the waist at the sides. keep this from being a wadder! It looks so cute from the front. Nora :)
Huntwoman said... (10/4/11 6:09 AM) Reply
It does look cute in the picture, maybe it would make a good maternity dress for someone?

by: wordchick

by: beanchor

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Victory Nicola Paper Pattern