Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3850 (Builty By Wendy Slim-Fit Pants)

Reviewed by:RadarRadiance

About RadarRadiancestar
NV United States
Member since: 10/24/07
Posted on:10/4/11 7:17 PM
Last Updated:10/4/11 11:56 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts
julibchickadee said... (4/17/12 9:37 PM) Reply
I think they look cute! With a few adjustments to the pattern you could probably get them to fit pretty perfectly. I have yet to tackle any kind of pants/shorts and these really impress me! I really like the double button waistband style too.
RadarRadiance said... (10/5/11 10:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tips. The front leg part feels tight so if I take some of the inner back out it will be even tighter unless the added thigh mat'l makes up for it. I almost thought to add a gusset and make the back crotch seam longer for thighs but then it would have really made the back center crotch look worse! I should lay down the Jalie over these and see what the difference is, great idea on the Jalie.
cleverkitty said... (10/5/11 9:06 AM) Reply
Taking in the fabric in the back of the legs will get rid of the bagginess, don't take in both just the back inner leg fabric. Also just increasing the side hip area a little will get rid of frown lines, you don't need to go up a size. These are the same problems I have had and after many pants and a lot of reading of Palmer/Pletsch fit books I can finally tackle any pants pattern. Good Luck RadarRadiance~~ your Jalie Jeans BTW look great and those I had the same issues with as you :)
Terri A said... (10/5/11 2:09 AM) Reply
I'm sorry it didn't work for you. The fabric is nice and you did a great job with the construction. With a few fitting tweaks you would probably love them. Your detail work looks nice and neat.

Simplicity 7071 OOP