Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Jean (Jilly Jean)

Reviewed by:becca a

About becca astarstar
United States
Member since: 11/6/04
Posted on:10/7/11 10:50 PM
Last Updated:10/8/11 9:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
Debbie Cook said... (11/20/11 6:47 PM) Reply
I came to read reviews on this pattern to see if it has a contoured waistband, so thank you very much for mentioning that it has both options. Your jeans look wonderful!
AndreaSews said... (10/9/11 2:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. These jeans are very flattering on you.
Sue Parrott said... (10/9/11 10:09 AM) Reply
Really nice job and I think they fit you perfectly!
Knitz said... (10/9/11 10:04 AM) Reply
Nice jeans, and very helpful review!
Sew4Fun said... (10/9/11 7:12 AM) Reply
Great jeans. Thanks for the review and all the photos.
BetsyV said... (10/8/11 8:36 PM) Reply
Great review. I may try these - we have a similar figure. I was hesitant because I've had to work at the Katherine pants. Very nice job!
JillyBe said... (10/8/11 4:22 PM) Reply
Oooooh congrats on the 1st review of these, and thanks for all of the great info! I've received my pattern, & after comparing the pieces to Jalie, I came to some conclusions about likely fit that are confirmed by your review, so it's going to be very helpful when I get going on mine.
sfshaza said... (10/8/11 4:21 PM) Reply
To my eye, these look really good! Thanks for your detailed review.
JenniferBee said... (10/8/11 3:47 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review, another pattern to add to the SA list. Great looking jeans
michellep74 said... (10/8/11 11:28 AM) Reply
Great looking jeans!
cleverkitty said... (10/8/11 10:22 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great on you, I made the Jalie several times and I usually set the back pockets a little lower. I noticed on my RTW jeans the pockets in the front are deeply curved and the waistband is a little wider then the Jalie which I like. I might try this pattern because of that but not sure about the high waist, me being short waisted, a lower rise elongates my torso. Thanks for the comparison it was very helpful.
RadarRadiance said... (10/8/11 10:14 AM) Reply
Great review and comparison to the Jalie.
minasmom said... (10/8/11 9:24 AM) Reply
I've been waiting for a review of Style Arc's new jean pattern. What a bonus that you compared them to Jalie's jean pattern...exactly what I was interested in. Thank you so much! Like others, I really like Style Arc's Linda Stretch Pant and was curious if their jean lived up comparatively to it's fit. You did a great job on these jeans and your review was helpful down to the additional Sandra Betzina fly zipper video link. Well done!
Lili123 said... (10/8/11 8:46 AM) Reply
wow! you've done such a great job, your jeans looks awesome.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (10/8/11 7:49 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review...your jeans look great !
dragon10 said... (10/8/11 3:23 AM) Reply
I like your jeans - cool color and you did a nice job putting them together. Thanks for the review because I'm thinking about them...
QuiltSewSewSue said... (10/8/11 2:33 AM) Reply
Great jeans - thanks for the review.
Heatherrique said... (10/8/11 1:28 AM) Reply
Although I am still partial to the Jalie jeans, your Jilly jeans look flattering and sleek! Nice work on your new jeans.
marec said... (10/7/11 11:15 PM) Reply
Those are wonderful!
Terri A said... (10/7/11 10:59 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review - very interesting to see various jean patterns! Nice job on these!

by: nicegirl