Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1073 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:Catherine Daze

Sweater knit fabrics

MNBarb said... (2/9/15 1:01 PM) Reply
Wow. This is stunning!
Phillis2 said... (11/16/12 3:37 PM) Reply
Great job and thorough review. I've looked at this pattern for the longest time and I think I'll just keep looking and admiring those who'll tackle it. Great job.
lauraborealis said... (9/25/12 5:42 PM) Reply
Absolutely perfect. Great job!
valkyrie01 said... (11/18/11 9:15 PM) Reply
It looks fantastic and it suits you! I quite like the army boots with it LOL...! I love the "ribs" aka pintucks. Like Dorothy I have this pattern and you have inspired me to get onto it!
VivianZ said... (10/10/11 7:50 AM) Reply
Amazing dress. I guess you have to have the perfect figure for it. It looks wonderful on you and you did a bang up job.
Athene said... (10/10/11 0:30 AM) Reply
I have been waiting to see someone do this pattern and your results are exquisite. You are a lovely lady and this style looks fabulous on you. Thank you for the review.
RadarRadiance said... (10/9/11 11:36 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic, what an amazing job! Those tucks look soooo cool, very nice.
mm said... (10/9/11 8:53 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress.
moushka said... (10/9/11 4:30 AM) Reply
How exciting to see your review of this pattern! Your dress is exquisite; the style is made for you. Thanks for sharing so many details on your blog. Terrific review.
madebyj said... (10/9/11 4:28 AM) Reply
Brilliant work!!! Well done on sticking it out to the end. Your reviews on the various parts of this dress are a great read. And you look fantastic in the finished version!
petro said... (10/9/11 4:23 AM) Reply
Impressive work! Thanks for such a comprehensive review, the dress looks terrific on you.
Terri A said... (10/9/11 0:26 AM) Reply
This is just WOW!
Sue Parrott said... (10/8/11 11:32 PM) Reply
Really awesome dress! I like how it ended up and the challenge would be great! Thanks for the thorough review!
Sue Parrott said... (10/8/11 11:32 PM) Reply
salsera7 said... (10/8/11 8:53 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job. I have this pattern in my stash and I've just been inspired to add it to my fall/winter wardrobe project list.
salsera7 said... (10/8/11 8:53 PM) Reply
tiadia said... (10/8/11 8:08 PM) Reply
Perfect! The dress is perfect!
Fran G said... (10/8/11 7:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress! Details are outstanding and the fit along with your work are amazing!
21wale said... (10/8/11 6:32 PM) Reply
Wow! Very impressive! It looks great on you.
becca a said... (10/8/11 5:39 PM) Reply
This is an amazing dress! It looks fabulous on you, and I love the pintuck details. I admire you for tackling this one as I have pulled it out of my stash and put it back into the "do later" pile numerous times.
lorenakitty said... (10/8/11 5:22 PM) Reply
You look amazing! What a smashing dress! I also say 'thank you' for such great details you shared in your blog.
inkstain said... (10/8/11 4:23 PM) Reply
Definitely one of your best yet, and again, it's so you. I love your signature style. Makes me want to read more William Gibson novels.
squirrellypoo said... (10/8/11 3:55 PM) Reply
Wow! I've been following along on your blog and I'm impressed you finished this! Not only that, it looks amazing on you! Great job.
miausiau said... (10/8/11 2:30 PM) Reply
Don't forget to lengthen the zipper if you lengthen the torso. The wavy zipper is likely caused by excess stretching as you surmised (zipper ends up shorter than fabric). I find ease stitching beforehand can help a lot as does the interfacing. A hand picked zipper can also help you feel your way through the process. Its a fabulous pattern and you did a great job!! Also a YKK Beulon knit zipper is super light and falls better under knits. These can be hard to find but a shop near me sells them.
birdmcfarland said... (10/8/11 2:02 PM) Reply
This is so cool and you look fantastic, as usual.
DorothyK said... (10/8/11 12:59 PM) Reply
I so impressed that you did this dress - and so well! It is fabulous and looks great on you. I have this pattern but never really intended to make it. Now I have second thoughts. Thank you for your thoughtful review. It will come in handy when I tackle the job.
kkkkaty said... (10/8/11 11:47 AM) Reply
wow, that is lovely! Nice work....
VirginiasDghter said... (10/8/11 11:28 AM) Reply
Love that!
ClioBklyn said... (10/8/11 11:02 AM) Reply
Ooh! I've been hoping to see someone tackle this dress - and your version is FANTASTIC! Tres chic!
sunnysewer said... (10/8/11 10:44 AM) Reply
Fantastic! I am so happy to see this dress made up, this pattern has fascinated me for a while. Looks great on you. thanks for all the interesting info on construction on your blog.
MaryDB said... (10/8/11 10:37 AM) Reply
Wow! Very impressive. Impeccable work, beautiful dress. Thanks for the review.
Marge99 said... (10/8/11 10:37 AM) Reply
You look great in your dress! I have long admired this pattern, but I'm not brave enough to attempt those tucks yet. Well done to you!

Made By Rae Washi Dress