Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB3: Plaid Jacket (PMB3: Plaid Jacket)

Reviewed by:Rustybobn

About Rustybobnstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/5/02
Posted on:9/29/04 5:17 PM
Last Updated:10/1/04 5:45 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Nancy K said... (12/18/06 8:49 AM) Reply
Great jacket, beautifully fitted. Nothing makes a jacket look expesive like great fit. I especially appreciate the links you added to your review
Patricia Schoeman said... (11/25/06 6:06 AM) Reply
Thanks for posting this - your jacket is beautiful - I just got the PMB software - And it is WONDERFUL - I've made a skirt and blouse - and you are right no more fusing to get a perfect fit - Thanks for the great links that you've provided for everyone.
Rustybobn said... (11/8/04 3:20 PM) Reply
Kempcor, thanks! I've had the software for about 20 months now. I've been comfortable with the software from the start, but my comfort level with any software is enhanced by the fact that I've been working in the (computer) industry for>20 years. It does take quite some time to understand how each measurement and setting affects the others, and I can't say that I'm completely there yet. A good set of body measurements is of utmost importance, and those measurements must be taken the way the program expects them to be taken. You might want to try out the demo version of the software, or buy one of the Click & Sew CDs to see if you like it. Also, there is some discussion of this software in the PatternReview message boards, if you want to read more opinions.
kempcor said... (11/7/04 11:15 AM) Reply
You do very nice work. How long did it take you to learn to use the software and feel comfortable with it?
JDpenelope said... (10/2/04 6:58 AM) Reply
Terrific job and great fit. (I don't think any of the photos look goofy.)
CarolynGM said... (10/2/04 5:39 AM) Reply
Very flattering jacket on you -- great fit and professional-looking tailoring details. Thanks especially for the welt pocket link -- I've bookmarked it and want to try it myself.
Asa Hagstrom said... (10/2/04 0:47 AM) Reply
Asa Hagstrom said... (10/2/04 0:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for showing us the pictures of the jacket on you, even if you felt goofy :) What a great, great fit you've acheived! I've used Judy Barlup's single welt pocket technique too (it was featured in Threads quite a few years back), and I love it too!
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/1/04 6:56 PM) Reply
Lovely! And you did a great job of plaid matching. -Ann
Danvillegirl said... (10/1/04 6:21 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket. You did an excellent job with the plaids, windowpane buttonholes, the whole thing. Looks very good on you.
Rustybobn said... (9/30/04 7:52 AM) Reply
Thanks! This was fun, and I'm ready to try again. I'm having a hard time remembering that you've got to have something besides jackets in your wardrobe!
cindyann said... (9/30/04 7:22 AM) Reply
That is just wonderful. Love the colors.
Gigi Louis said... (9/30/04 7:20 AM) Reply
What a great looking jacket! Perfect for fall.
tamtay said... (9/29/04 10:54 PM) Reply
Very, very nice, Rustybobn; I've been following your inklings and I'm amazed at how prolific and talented you are. You really go to town with PMB. Great jacket!
jlg said... (9/29/04 9:56 PM) Reply
Wow, your jacket is beautiful. I've yet to get a successful garment for my upper body on PMB. Your results have inspired me to try again soon.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (9/29/04 8:45 PM) Reply
Modiste Madness said... (9/29/04 6:36 PM) Reply
Very attractive!
Georgene said... (9/29/04 6:17 PM) Reply
That is a very very nice looking jacket. Thanks for sharing your sources for sewing techniques also. Please post a picture with you in it, if you get a chance.