Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1250 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:10/15/11 10:05 AM
Last Updated:10/15/11 10:08 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 26 people
Zorrro said... (4/13/12 3:43 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your review and links to your blog. I am struggling to understand pattern revisions to suit my figure and your review enlightens me enormously! You look wonderful!
Deb Bee said... (11/3/11 7:40 PM) Reply
This looks great on you - thanks so much for the links and details on adding sleeves. I can't wait to make one for myself.
Sewnla said... (10/17/11 9:54 AM) Reply
Debbie you look fabulous! Love the dress on you but even more than that you are an inspiration, you continue to lose weight despite all the stresses in your life. Keep it up it shows, your outfits have always looked great and now they look even better!
cindyann said... (10/16/11 10:27 AM) Reply
Debbie, you look amazing! Lovely dress.
becca a said... (10/16/11 9:39 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress! You look fantastic in this dress and cardi. Congratulations on going down several sizes! Adding sleeves is a great idea.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (10/16/11 7:52 AM) Reply
Wow Debbie...you've inspired me to actually sew a dress (gasp!) That's a seriously great dress !
Fran G said... (10/16/11 7:49 AM) Reply
Fabulous work, Debbie!Your alteration process as shown was fascinating..the more I see these things done, the more I understand. I am going to add sleeves ala' Debbie as I like a bit of coverage. Your fabric is very attractive and this is a dress made for you! I like it belted, too! You are looking very happy and committed to your diet,you look great! Thanks for such a detailed review.
pdiddly said... (10/16/11 4:45 AM) Reply
Each time I see this made up I think I must buy the pattern - need to get my act into gear - lovely.
DKG said... (10/16/11 1:00 AM) Reply
Genius sleeve addition. THank you for posting! Your version looks fantastic on you both with and without the belt. Well done!
Lori V said... (10/16/11 0:22 AM) Reply
Fantastic dress, I am using your long sleeve idea for a new dress for me. Thanks for the information.
OP Gal said... (10/15/11 11:07 PM) Reply
Great looking dress. Wonderful review, as usual.
Merry G said... (10/15/11 6:54 PM) Reply
Wow u look amazing....
sewcool21 said... (10/15/11 2:22 PM) Reply
The dress is cute, I am in love with the print! great choice!
SewWil said... (10/15/11 2:17 PM) Reply
Wonderful outfit! The shrug and dress look wonderful on you. The addition of the sleeves on the dress turned out great.
JTink said... (10/15/11 1:31 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty outfit. I really like the unbelted version. What's even better...you look so happy wearing it :-) Great job.
KathySews said... (10/15/11 1:29 PM) Reply
the dress looks fantastic. how do you know what I want? I was looking at my pattern, but wishing it had sleeves. you are the best. thanks
michellep74 said... (10/15/11 1:21 PM) Reply
Great dress! And congratulations on your continuing weight loss!
Aixoise said... (10/15/11 12:05 PM) Reply
Debbie, You look great! Love the print and the styling with belt and shrug. Most of all, thanks for showing your sleeve addition. My pattern's altered and ready to go. All it needs is that sleeve. Perfect!
petro said... (10/15/11 12:03 PM) Reply
Great looking dress, super fit. Thanks for putting all your pattern alterations in to the review, that is so interesting.
ChristinePDX said... (10/15/11 11:44 AM) Reply
So nice! I love the sleeves! I am just about to make this dress, thank you!
RadarRadiance said... (10/15/11 10:31 AM) Reply
You look like a million in this dress, you look great! Excellent review.
JEF said... (10/15/11 10:09 AM) Reply
This one makes me wish I wore dresses! Looks super on you. The shrug/cardi is also very nice looking.

Understanding Wool Fabrics