Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5107 (Bistro Jacket)

Viewed 1922 times
Reviewed by:jlg

About jlgstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:9/30/04 7:28 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Sewphie said... (11/18/04 11:37 PM) Reply
I had a look at your slide show of garments...pretty impressive!
Peggy L said... (10/4/04 11:42 AM) Reply
I hope you made a "deal" with Loes before you reviewed this pattern! After seeing this reveiw, Karmeng's, and the others, I have placed my order!! Hope it get here soon! What do you think this would look like with Nancy Erickson's skirt with the pleated bottom? Any opinions? Peggy
D1Diva said... (10/2/04 10:06 AM) Reply
I agree, this is a pants type jacket. I think you should pair this with a pair of Levi 525's or similar styled jeans. Pairing something casual with something glamorous is in right now. (Think Gap commercial with Sarah Jessica Parker.)
JDpenelope said... (10/2/04 7:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful. It's difficult for me to believe you could look dowdy in anything, but you know best! I agree with the suggestions to wear this jacket with pants. Your sewing skills are really developing and I'm impressed with your ability to change and improve upon patterns. (I also just received some wonderful fabric from textilestudios, but don't feel ready to sew them yet!)
Debbie Spriggs said... (10/1/04 6:52 PM) Reply
This looks fabulous on you! The proportions suit you beautifully!
drsue said... (10/1/04 5:43 PM) Reply
I think you did a great job. I think the style of the jacket might look best with pants anyway. I note the pattern photo shows it withh pants. I think it has a Marlene Deitrich sort of casual elegance.
KarenP said... (10/1/04 1:37 PM) Reply
I love your jacket in that fabric! This one has been on my to-do list for a while. Your review will be helpful when I finally get to it.
Modiste Madness said... (10/1/04 10:01 AM) Reply
I like the jacket and think it looks good on you.
Schnauzer said... (10/1/04 8:10 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket.It looks really great on you.
Deb F said... (10/1/04 7:51 AM) Reply
JLG, I found your comment about the jacket looking "dowdy" interesting. I made this jacket it two different fabrics, and found some of the same things you did. The upper back was much to rounded, and I have a fairly round upper back, and overall I thought it was a bit large, even though I used a medium. It just seemed to need a little snugging in here and there. I might try it again though, in a small with a FBA. But I must tell you that the jacket looks wonderful on you! I think it would be just too cute with a nice pair of jeans.
JoleneF said... (10/1/04 7:22 AM) Reply
I really like it, looks good!
Gigi Louis said... (10/1/04 7:18 AM) Reply
I think the jacket looks fantastic on you! It would probably look best with a shorter skirt or pants.
marjenann said... (10/1/04 6:51 AM) Reply
Marvelous jacket!!! You look great!!
Danvillegirl said... (10/1/04 5:40 AM) Reply
I like the jacket, looks good on you. I think it would work with the Swing Skirt.
Irene said... (10/1/04 1:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! How would this style look over a sheath dress?
Oziroo said... (9/30/04 11:47 PM) Reply
I love it!
Elona said... (9/30/04 9:27 PM) Reply
I think the jacket looks extremely handsome on you, very dressy and well-proportioned to your slender self. It does look to me like a jacket to go with pants or maybe a short, straight skirt.
Georgene said... (9/30/04 9:10 PM) Reply
JLG, is the shorter swing skirt the one with the short circular ruffle? I tend to think that using the longer circular ruffle with a shorter body might be better with this jacket in your slightly firm fabric. The shorter ruffle might be too cutesy. This is a great jacket and looks very nice on you. Have you tried it on with jeans? I bet it even looks good with jeans and a nice tee.
Liane M said... (9/30/04 8:25 PM) Reply
I think it is a really nice looking jacket. It appears to fit perfectly and lays nicely around your neck. I've been trying to decide on another LH jacket pattern, I guess this will be the next one I get. I love these LH and TS jackets. I just rec'd a fabric order from Marsha, her stuff is awesome and very reasonably priced.
Lisa Laree said... (9/30/04 7:56 PM) Reply
Well, I think that jacket looks really sharp on you. This is one of Loes's jacket patterns that I don't have; I'm trying to make up the ones I've got before I buy any new ones ;). I think it'd look good w/the short Swing skirt, too.

by: LDT2011