Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> Wild Ginger t-shirt (computer drafted)

Reviewed by:Towanda

About Towandastar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:9/30/04 9:41 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 9 people    Very Helpful by 16 people

Vesta Patterns

KitnRose said... (10/17/04 3:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Great job!! And your bulletin board just looks so wonderfully inspirational. The fit is so lovely and the fabrics are perfect, both in the patterns you chose to use them in and in combination with each other. Great, great job. :)
tamtay said... (10/6/04 6:06 PM) Reply
Lovely outfit, and wonderful information about PMB.
Towanda said... (10/5/04 8:52 PM) Reply
Sheree, once I got a good set of measurements and made some adjustments, I didn't need additional bust adjustments. Even after taking the class, I ended up frustrated because I need to make multiple changes and they did not always work together. I also get tired of having to make changes to every pattern that I want to use. When I use the computer drafting program, I can use the same settings for multiple designs. The plan is to use my basic PMB pattern for a sloper which I will use with commercial patterns. Vogue's SB patterns fit me best with minimal adjustments. The blue swatches come from the wardrobe capsule that I am working on.
ShereeSews said... (10/4/04 6:29 PM) Reply
Well done, Towanda! Is blue your fav color? I see all those blue swatches on your bulletin board behind you! You look smashing! Does the PMB3 software help with bust cup adjustments? (We were both in that online class together) Or did you use the knowledge from the online bust class to adjust?
CarolynGM said... (10/4/04 5:27 PM) Reply
Towanda -- make about 500 more of these. The fit is just about perfect and the style is very flattering.
SouthernStitch said... (10/4/04 10:08 AM) Reply
I love the EOS fabric. The Pocket Stylist says that we plus sized ladies can too wear horizontal stripes if they are placed close together - and she's right. Your outfit is a success!
mudcat said... (10/2/04 11:10 AM) Reply
Great job on your twinset. Your fabric looks very RTW (in a good way).
Sherril Miller said... (10/1/04 7:49 PM) Reply
I love having a face to go with such a wonderful woman! That is one smart looking outfit. The fit is perfect. When you start thinking it isn't, just remember what RTW looks like--then you'll be happy with this--and you have every reason to be. It's beautiful.
Towanda said... (10/1/04 7:15 PM) Reply
This week had been frustrating and all of your positive comments really brightened my week. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I still need to make some small changes but overall I am very happy. I'll be using this pattern over and over again.
LSBCATS3 said... (10/1/04 5:45 PM) Reply
Great review! This outfit looks great!
cmarie12 said... (10/1/04 11:53 AM) Reply
Towanda, I want to add my congratulations also to a very well executed and good looking outfit! Now that you have got the PMB portion down, you can make lots more! Will look forward to seeing them!
SandraB said... (10/1/04 9:43 AM) Reply
Wow Towanda, that outfit looks great on you. The facbric is beautiful and the fit is just perfect.
mamakooz said... (10/1/04 9:17 AM) Reply
WOW! Your outfit looks great. All that hard work really paid off.
Rustybobn said... (10/1/04 8:11 AM) Reply
Towanda that's very nice! Thanks for the review. I love to see what different women do with the software.
Maria Hatfield said... (10/1/04 8:02 AM) Reply
Wow! i really like that twinset, good job and the clothes look wonderful on you !
JoleneF said... (10/1/04 7:20 AM) Reply
I think it is great. Fitting issues are frustrating and as I am learning to sew it is one of my hardest challenges. It looks like you have found a program to work for you!
Gigi Louis said... (10/1/04 7:13 AM) Reply
What a great success - the outfit looks fabulous on you! Your perseverence certainly paid off.
PattyU said... (10/1/04 7:11 AM) Reply
i love your outfit. I remember the fabric from EOS. Very nice outfit. It looks like your determination to perfect the fit has paid off.
jlg said... (10/1/04 5:53 AM) Reply
Great outfits. These pieces look great on you. Congratulations on mastering this program.
Danvillegirl said... (10/1/04 5:47 AM) Reply
Lovely fabric, good looking twinset. I love PMB3 for the fit it provides no matter your size.
Linda E. said... (10/1/04 5:23 AM) Reply
That is a very cute good looking outfit I am glad you post the pictures.
Josephine said... (10/1/04 2:41 AM) Reply
Really beautiful-- love that style and the gorgeous blue tones. You're sure to get many compliments!
Diana M said... (9/30/04 11:07 PM) Reply
LOVE your outfit with all of its tops -- congratulations on your persistence. Looks like it really paid off with a great outfit and patterns that fit. And thank you for taking the real woman picture and posting it.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/30/04 10:38 PM) Reply
Your outfit is great, especially the fit, which looks perfect. I recognized the fabric from EOS. You look just great...your perserverance paid off.
Levone said... (9/30/04 10:30 PM) Reply
I like your twinset and the fabric that you used.
Georgene said... (9/30/04 10:17 PM) Reply
Wow! that is really a good looking twinset. All your effort to get a good fit really shows. Congratulations on a wonderful ensemble.

Sew House Seven Alberta Street Pencil Skirt Paper Pattern