Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7937 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:10/1/04 8:28 AM
Last Updated:10/1/04 8:30 AM

See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

pinkli said... (1/27/08 8:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip: I have just cut out view A, and I think I will use a back zip now too to avoid any angry sewing moments!
Skymom said... (10/5/04 1:25 PM) Reply
I have this pattern waiting for the right fabric, so it's good to read your review. Did you feel that the fit was good--not too tight in the size that corresponded to your hips? I love the yellow--it's really fabulous and bold.
MickeyFan said... (10/3/04 8:23 AM) Reply
Darla, I did not interface the zipper area. Maybe I will try that the next time I decide to beat my head against the wall... ;)
Danvillegirl said... (10/2/04 6:13 PM) Reply
I too have been considering this skirt pattern. Really love the bright yellow. Adding this to my wish list. Good review.
Jan B. said... (10/2/04 2:47 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Thanks for the thorough review and for calling it to attention.
AnneM said... (10/2/04 12:46 PM) Reply
Very nice. I already had this on my wish-list. I think it is a great looking outfit - bright but good for all seasons.
Darla in PA said... (10/2/04 9:13 AM) Reply
Your skirt turned out very nicely. I am working on a different view from this pattern and planning to use an invisible zipper instead of a lapped zipper. Did you interface the zipper area?
PVA said... (10/2/04 8:46 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt! Thanks for the review -- I think it must be very flattering on, especially while one is moving around! I haven't had that much trouble with invisible zippers when set in the side seam. I think maybe because the bottom stop & tape aren't quite so bulky?
drsue said... (10/1/04 5:46 PM) Reply
This is a really cute skirt. I've found that if I must do side zips over curves that sewing the zipper in by hand works well. It's not nearly as difficult as it sounds.
cindyann said... (10/1/04 1:30 PM) Reply
I love this pattern and have been meaning to get it. It looks great! Thanks for the review.
Gigi Louis said... (10/1/04 10:03 AM) Reply
Wow! Funny, I was considering buying this pattern just yesterday. Now I'll have to go back to JoAnn's, sigh. Personally, I detest a side zipper. I put mine in the back whenever possible. 12-year old? I don't think so!
Shona said... (10/1/04 9:35 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and the side zipper rang alarm bells for me too; I have the same problem with that little ripple at the bottom. I wondered about the length also. Thank you for a very helpful review.
sewywabbit said... (10/1/04 9:07 AM) Reply
Love this, gutsy color and very feminine styling. A lot of people cant wear this bright color up top but perfect for a skirt.
redhead said... (10/1/04 8:47 AM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful skirt pattern. I think I like all the views, and your sunny yellow skirt just makes me smile. The hem looks ok in the photo. As my mother always said, "on a moving horse, no one spots a fly."
jlg said... (10/1/04 8:46 AM) Reply
Very nice looking skirt. I bought this pattern as soon as it came out but haven't made it yet so was glad to see your review.

All About Linings
All About Linings

by: Muggiesew

Favorite Things An Everyday Bag Pattern

Favorite Things An Everyday Bag Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)