Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2517 (Men's Costumes)

Reviewed by:Aroura

About Arourastarstarstar
OR USA
Member since: 7/30/09
Posted on:10/29/11 6:42 PM
Last Updated:10/29/11 11:51 PM
See other patterns in this category: Costumes    Mens
droxy said... (11/24/12 11:26 PM) Reply
I am making this coat for a barnabas collins coat and I really like your listing of the traps. I took notes, but now I am gun shy on cutting the large chunks of inerfacing, but I will go with the cut out diagram on this and have to trust it. I will make the lining separate, then deal with the hem. Very awesome steampunk costume.
obsessed50 said... (7/30/12 8:21 PM) Reply
omg can you give me a ring? i am STUCK on #34 of lining/facing instructions. The coat i'm sewing is gorgeous so far but I'll be darned if i know what to do next! if you're willing to chat, I'll give you my email addy where I'll then give you a phone #. I'm making this for a friend who has always wanted this type of coat and to be stuck now is sad! Thanks! Sue
KamiSue2 said... (1/14/12 10:31 PM) Reply
Hee. Hee. I just realized I said the exact same thing as someone else, but anyway, it is cool.
KamiSue2 said... (1/14/12 10:30 PM) Reply
That looks really cool!
JoyceP said... (11/1/11 10:14 AM) Reply
AWESOME!!!
Marge99 said... (10/30/11 2:27 PM) Reply
That looks really cool!
Nancy Rhodes said... (10/30/11 10:38 AM) Reply
Awesome results.. like the multi-year use plan AND truly want to salute your personal sacrifice on the lining.. Wish I could find Steampunk for Aging Boomers group. I love the whole aesthetic and creative DIY-ness of those folks. Fabulous greatcoat!
Trephas2003 said... (10/30/11 8:06 AM) Reply
It looks great!
Elke said... (10/30/11 7:30 AM) Reply
Great looking coat...terrific costume! Very creative with much attention to detail!
arianamaniacs said... (10/30/11 5:57 AM) Reply
Not sure why, but costumes generally have the worst instructions ever. Great looking coat!!!
MNBarb said... (10/29/11 8:49 PM) Reply
I'm nominating you for the wife-of-the-year award. This coat is a labor of love. I have been educated on the details of Steampunk, thank you. The coat is splendid!

by: Sheila457