Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1263 (Misses Jacket Donna Karan Coll)

Reviewed by:PattyE

About PattyEstarstarstar
Member since: 9/7/10
Posted on:10/21/11 4:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Monabel said... (12/8/12 5:32 PM) Reply
Could you explain just how you did the pocket differently? I'm finding them a bit tricky. (Maybe because I messed up the first one.) Next time, though....
PattyE said... (5/14/12 8:58 AM) Reply
Great, sar sews! Please post a review when your jacket is completed! Sorry I have no advice for you regarding the pics. It was a matter of trial and error for me to figure out which link to use. I can tell you I never resize my pics...from transferring it from my camera to uploading to Photobucket to posting here no changes are made. Good luck.
Sar sews said... (5/13/12 11:38 PM) Reply
Looks great, I have pattern in lap and scissors in hand. After deliberating on whether to use this piece of fabric for this jacket or something else, your pics have persuaded me to go with original thought -- this jacket! And yes how DO people get their photos to such a nice size? I've only done one review, and would do more if I could suss out the photo problem.
marec said... (12/20/11 10:56 AM) Reply
I love this pattern, and happy to see your version. The collar is so beautiful! I am admiring your work this morning :-)
Pam Ella said... (11/1/11 11:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat/jacket. Could you describe how you changed the pockets? Was there any issue with the darts/tucks in the front that go into the pocket since your fabric was heavier? I've been looking at this pattern for some time! Thanks for the review
Veronimuse said... (10/23/11 11:52 AM) Reply
I like your jacket better than the one on the Vogue pattern envelope! Thanks for reviewing this!
PattyE said... (10/22/11 12:51 PM) Reply
Wow, thank you so much for all the nice compliments. becca, I would say the sizing is true. Andrea, yes, I absolutely loved the eggplant color on the pattern and chose to go with just a little bit thicker fabric as I wanted this to be more of a coat, with the trade-off being that mine would lose a little of the drape/shape because of the thickness. But I'm still pleased with the result.
AndreaSews said... (10/22/11 12:24 PM) Reply
Patty, the bigger picture is great. The fabric you used is so pretty - it looks similar to the pic on the pattern envelope. Great job!
VogueMistress said... (10/22/11 12:17 PM) Reply
I'd love to see it on you.
becca a said... (10/22/11 9:27 AM) Reply
This is a lovely jacket! Do you feel the sizing runs true--do you usually make a small? I look forward to seeing the picture on you.
lcdrbetty said... (10/22/11 9:21 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket, and love the color. I still can't figure out how to enlarge the pics!
lcdrbetty said... (10/22/11 9:21 AM) Reply
Claverie said... (10/22/11 8:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for enlarging the photo. Your jacket looks beautiful, very *rich*.
Athene said... (10/22/11 0:30 AM) Reply
The jacket looks lovely.
PattyE said... (10/21/11 10:34 PM) Reply
LOL...I'll post a modeling pic in the next couple of days.
rivergum said... (10/21/11 9:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern! It looks great, but could we have a pic of you wearing it, pretty please? I need to see it on a human to really get a good idea.
PattyE said... (10/21/11 6:14 PM) Reply
Andrea, I think I figured it out...you should be able to click on it now for a larger view.
PattyE said... (10/21/11 5:48 PM) Reply
I would be happy to add a larger pic...how do I do that?
AndreaSews said... (10/21/11 4:42 PM) Reply
Patty, I've been waiting for a review on this pattern! I just fixed the picture on my first review to make it bigger. I'd love to see a bigger picture if you can upload one. I've been using Picasa, some people uses Flicker. Thanks for the review.

Favorite Things Blossoms & Bloomers Pattern