Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Sara blouse

About Maree Pstarstar
Member since: 1/20/09
Posted on:10/23/11 5:01 AM

GayMcDonell said... (1/28/12 4:32 AM) Reply
Congratulations on a great white shirt - I think it looks smashing!
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (10/24/11 8:18 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt!
poppykettle said... (10/23/11 9:51 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great!
MNBarb said... (10/23/11 8:11 PM) Reply
This shirt is fitted just enough to be very feminine and flattering. Nice work!
margk said... (10/23/11 6:02 PM) Reply
Fabulous shirt and review! Your photos of the placket are great, too.
FreyaStark said... (10/23/11 4:43 PM) Reply
I think it looks great and a good fit. Trying to achieve a totally smooth shirt might be unrealistic, and it would probably be skin tight if you could achieve it. However, some people are more discerning and more expert fitters than I am, and if you tweak the next one further you might be happier with the result. The black and one white is great, too.
said... (10/23/11 1:29 PM) Reply
The sleeves may be set too far forward for you. Thus the excess in back and tautness in front. Indeed the lace undergarment pic does fit better. I would begin again with a smaller size for the shoulders and work from there. The fit model may not be right for your excellent posture. But really only since you asked...its a nice shirt.
ArtAttack said... (10/23/11 12:06 PM) Reply
I think it is fabulous and looks great on you. It may feel ill-fitting but I think it looks perfect!
Physics Girl said... (10/23/11 9:08 AM) Reply
your fabric and craftsmanship are really lovely. Beyond that to some thoughts on fitting to consider (they may or may not be in the right direction): I get similar drag lines because I have "square shoulders"... an adjustment that generally requires raising the armhole/sleeve up by (in my case) about an inch to inch and a half. See this link: Another fix is to lower the neck base.. which I think looks more like an adjustment you might want to try because of some puddling around the neck edges in one photo. There is an old PR discussion here:
kismet007 said... (10/23/11 8:53 AM) Reply
First of all it's very well made and inspite of your complaints it looks at least as good as any RTW. I do think it's definately to wide in the upper back. I can imagine myself grabing the fabric and pining it out either in the middle or on either side and then tapering to nothing at about mid back. This would place the shoulders where they should be. As for the lines on the front I think that's just a mechanism of the fabric and as far as I'm concerned does not detract from the look.
Sew4Fun said... (10/23/11 7:27 AM) Reply
What a lovely, classic white blouse. Very flattering and I think it fits really well. I didn't notice any fit issues. I think it's more the nature of a very fitted blouse, which this pattern is. The fabric is just moving as you move. Cotton shirting fabric will do this in such a fitted style. I wouldn't change a thing unless it's uncomfortable for some reason. It looks fantastic to me! Great job and I'm glad I have this pattern. :)
Anne Cherry said... (10/23/11 7:00 AM) Reply
Your blouse is so elegant! I think the niggles are very minor...
Sigrid. said... (10/23/11 5:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. Makes me want to try this pattern. I'm not a fit expert either, but think that the shoulders look wide in the back only. Perhaps the upper back is a bit too wide?
QuiltSewSewSue said... (10/23/11 5:29 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks lovely. I am no fitting expert but I wonder if it is a bit wide at the shouldrs for you?? I am sure you will get some better feedback than this. It may be an idea to go to the boards and see what advice you can get there. :)