Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2619 (Two Piece Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:jlg

About jlgstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:10/3/04 12:37 PM
Last Updated:2/13/05 4:28 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts

BjP said... (2/13/05 7:26 PM) Reply
Lovely new top. I swear you put me to shame with your ability to get so many new outfits you ever sleep? I can tell you really enjoy sewing and that you have a very keen eye for what colors and fabrics will look best with a pattern. Love to read your reviews!
Modiste Madness said... (10/30/04 9:51 AM) Reply
You are the so prolific you are the Energizer bunny of sewing! Furthormore, everything always looks great. You attention to detail makes your garments look wonderful. I covet your warm weather. I won't be wearing anything sleeveless again for another 7 months. Meanwhile, I get to look at your beautiful green yard in all your reviews. Thanks for taking the time to share so much.
Lisette said... (10/30/04 9:39 AM) Reply
Lovely top, the neckline came out great!
jlg said... (10/30/04 5:31 AM) Reply
Ann, I sew between an XS and S with 1/4 inch taken in at the fold with Kwik Sew knit tops. With so little ease and with the top coming down so far at the hip, every time I move my arms, I'll be pulling the hem back down in place. It wants to settle in a thinner area. When I make it a couple of inches shorter, I don't think that this will be such a problem. If I cut it as a small, I think that it would give just enough ease that it would drape instead of cling. Also, I guess that I could just give myself a little more ease in the hips. Of course, a different fabric may make a big difference. I find that stretch velvets are tighter on me than say buttermilk or rayon/lycra cut at the same size. Another reason that I will cut this shorter when I make it again is that this length comes down right under my tummy fluff, and I think that a top that cuts right across the fluffiest part is more flattering, particularly if it is close fitting.
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/29/04 9:03 PM) Reply
I love this on you, JLG. The fabric is stunning. When you say you might go up next time, did you sew this in an XS? I usually sew a M in Kwik Sew, and I usually find that has enough ease, but would I need to go up in this pattern? -Ann
drsue said... (10/29/04 6:02 PM) Reply
I seemed to have missed this the first time around. Looks like a really nice top and skirt.
LiZ said... (10/29/04 5:49 PM) Reply
Your outfit looks really great, the colours a lovely and go together well. A very nice pattern also
jlg said... (10/29/04 4:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. Candyo, I'm in Tennessee; sorry.
candyo said... (10/29/04 2:54 PM) Reply
What a flattering outfit! OT- you mentioned you are a pediatritian, right? You don't happen to be in FL, do you? We're moving there and would love to have you be DD's doc!
cindyann said... (10/29/04 2:17 PM) Reply
Great top. I like the neckline too. It's just the right length with a nice shape.
Mini said... (10/29/04 2:06 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you tried this. Your outfit looks wonderful, like expensive ready to wear. I think this is the best a-line skirt pattern I have ever used-not too tight and not too full.
Hilary said... (10/20/04 8:00 AM) Reply
I have been looking at this pattern for a long time, I think I will go ahead and get it now- your skirt is really pretty, Thanks for reviewing it! I will have to look at the other reviews also :o)
JDpenelope said... (10/7/04 5:51 AM) Reply
Based on your comments and other reviews, I may have to get this pattern. It's interesting to read about your process of choosing patterns and fabrics that go together. I am constantly baffled when doing this, but am encouraged to know it just takes some time and thought, even for a fashion savvy sewist like you!
mag said... (10/4/04 7:40 PM) Reply
Very nice outfit. Fun to read how the whole thing came together for you. I keep hearing about the technique with the elastic waist, and want to try it.
Leslie in Austin said... (10/4/04 9:39 AM) Reply
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! So what is it about the waist on this skirt compared to others that keeps it from being bunchy?
Lisette said... (10/4/04 8:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful outfit I love your fabric and skirt. I would have never given this pattern a second look!
lilhoney57 said... (10/4/04 6:44 AM) Reply
Wow! I think that outfit looks outstanding on you!
jlg said... (10/3/04 9:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments. Cindy Ann, sorry but the top is an old Ann Taylor sweater.
Levone said... (10/3/04 8:32 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt.....this color looks nice on you.
Dot said... (10/3/04 4:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I am in the mood for a new skirt, and this looks like a winner.
cindyann said... (10/3/04 4:17 PM) Reply
LOVE it! WANT it! Looks great with that top. Is there a pattern for it too? :)
JoleneF said... (10/3/04 12:59 PM) Reply
Looks great. I also love the fabric.
CarolynGM said... (10/3/04 12:51 PM) Reply
The skirt looks great, and I love the fabric. Sometimes the simplest patterns turn out the best, especially when you use a great fabric.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-121