Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 42911 (A Cute Angle)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:10/27/11 11:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
lamstu said... (10/30/11 0:28 AM) Reply
What a beautiful top! And a great review as well.
Karine said... (10/29/11 5:32 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on your blouse, in spite of the challenges. The fabric seems perfect for this pattern. I just got the pattern and can't wait to make it now, after seeing yours. Look forward to seeing your jacket too!
Terri K said... (10/29/11 3:16 PM) Reply
Hi Martha - great top. I've sewn two of the tops and the jacket since the pattern came out. I blogged about them but haven't reviewed yet. I'll be sewing more.
becca a said... (10/29/11 10:45 AM) Reply
What a lovely top! How cleverly you fixed all your challenges--the result is beautiful. Who knew that pattern tissue shrinks in steam? Thanks for that info.
mssewcrazy said... (10/29/11 9:03 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top and love the gray! I never know what's new so thanks for showing the new pattern.
FreyaStark said... (10/29/11 1:46 AM) Reply
A stylish top, and beautifully made, too.
grey ann said... (10/28/11 11:37 AM) Reply
It does look expensive. I'm going to try this, altho I might have to add bust darts? 42D - And thanks for the info on the Radiance - where DO you buy it? And the button is great! Thank you for this review!
marec said... (10/28/11 11:22 AM) Reply
This is just fantastic Martha! I love the lines of the top, and your choice of fabric really plays to the design. Lovely!
Sewing Chick said... (10/28/11 9:18 AM) Reply
I love your top, Martha! Between your creation and Terri's I have to have this pattern! Beautiful job.
Fran G said... (10/28/11 8:23 AM) Reply
Martha..what a lovely top! I expect the color looks fabulous on you..we share the same hair color and this silver grey is a favorite of mine. I thank you for including...and elaborating..on your "goofs"...what an inspiration! I fear that the misplacement of the buttonhole would have done me in but you provided a brilliant "save"! What is your source for the lovely Radience? I am a fan of LC and agree her instructions generally provide some new techniques. I will order this pattern today. Many thanks for your detailed review!
Rebecca D said... (10/28/11 6:46 AM) Reply
Lovely, can't wait for a picture on you. What elegant fabric and you got a great result even with your goofs.
blue mooney said... (10/27/11 10:20 PM) Reply
Martha, it looks exquisite. I love your buffalo nickel button!
lcdrbetty said... (10/27/11 6:29 PM) Reply
Great looking top! Fabric drapes beautifully. I make a stupid mistake on every! garment I sew. You recovered nicely.
Christas said... (10/27/11 5:31 PM) Reply
I think your goofs added nice stylish details! Your blouse looks fantastic!
rivergum said... (10/27/11 4:28 PM) Reply
LOVE your top! So classy and elegant! Thanks for drawing my attention to both the pattern and the fabric. What a fabulous colour. This jacket ticks all the boxes for me. Goofs? What goofs?
DorothyK said... (10/27/11 4:22 PM) Reply
Wow, Martha, what a beautiful top. I'm sure you will get lots of use out of it - and compliments too. I hate making mistakes like that but you recovered really well from them.
RLL said... (10/27/11 12:12 PM) Reply
This looks really nice. I know you made some goofs, but you fixed them quite well... we would never know it! I really like Cutting Line patterns as well and her instructions are fabulous.
Aixoise said... (10/27/11 12:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Love the fabric and the style. I agree that Louise Cutting's patterns are a delight to sew. I think I need this one. Thanks for reviewing it.
mhoutz said... (10/27/11 12:04 PM) Reply
Lovely top, Martha...so glad to see it made up!

Understanding Wool Fabrics