Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Posted on:10/29/11 2:26 AM

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Mahler said... (10/31/11 10:30 AM) Reply
Great, great look Annette ! To say the truth, this is more your pattern design than the company's you made it your own and the result is great. I love your boots and your scarf. Byt the way, I am wearing my Lucchese's boots.
1SewSweet said... (10/30/11 1:08 PM) Reply
Love this dress and the way you made this pattern your own!! Fabulous!!...and the boots are the icing on the cake! Beautiful job!
Barbara V said... (10/30/11 10:53 AM) Reply
So cool to start with the gorgeous inspiration scarf from SFC (Sweet Friend Christa) and design such a wonderful dress to make a most beautiful outfit. Your many changes fine tune it for perfect fit and flatterly. Way to go! Love those boots too.
becca a said... (10/30/11 10:50 AM) Reply
What a great dress--right on trend with the color blocking. All your alterations make this dress fabulous! The collar is a great addition. Thanks for showing your alteration process. I agree that having a steeper angle between the color blocks to more closely approximate the collar angle would be a nice adjustment of the pattern.
pdiddly said... (10/30/11 4:35 AM) Reply
wow love the new collar great looking dress
SewWil said... (10/30/11 3:14 AM) Reply
Wow!!! I love what you did with this pattern. The collar really makes it. Love the color blocking. Great job! Your dress looks great on you.
lamstu said... (10/29/11 10:29 PM) Reply
Great dress! and so well documented. I don't think you cheated at all on the collar, that method is shown in one of my modern "couture" sewing books. Really great to see how you merged and altered everything to make just what you wanted.
Catbird said... (10/29/11 3:41 PM) Reply
Keep this up and we'll have to change your title from Jacket Queen to Dress Queen!! This is fantastic. Like everyone else I love the addition of the collar, and that scarf is amazing!! It's all very beautiful and you look great in it.
Karendee said... (10/29/11 3:18 PM) Reply
Annette, you do the very best job of showing each step in detail and justifying all changes. I learn so very much from your reviews. And somehow in my foggy state, I missed the changing of the neckline. I know you said you did, but this was a surprise for me. I love the faux piping and think that's such a clever detail. The way you changed the shoulder line is exactly the way Peggy Sagers shows to do it. So you and Peggy show how to do that alteration that works or shortening the shoulder/raise underarm. This outfit is just gorgeous and will be so cute with your red boots. Put it on and roar!!!!!
Karendee said... (10/29/11 3:18 PM) Reply
Karendee said... (10/29/11 3:17 PM) Reply
cathy45 said... (10/29/11 2:09 PM) Reply
Stunning dress, Annette. Looks so current, no one would guess vintage pattern. great job.
Heatherrique said... (10/29/11 12:21 PM) Reply
Your color block dress is TOTALLY stylin', Annette! I could not believe that the pattern you used is OOP. Who would know because you made the dress au courant! I like your modifications that took the dress up many notches. The cute scarf is a nice addition.
renren said... (10/29/11 12:06 PM) Reply
Lots of delicious color and detail. The scarf and boots are just perfect to take an already great outfit up a couple of notches.
marec said... (10/29/11 11:50 AM) Reply
Totally interesting project Annette! I love this style, and the addition of the collar adds just the right amount of detail to what otherwise might be a plain dress. Love your "cheater" methods...that's how I do things too. Very cool outfit!
MNBarb said... (10/29/11 11:07 AM) Reply
Your work in the collar is splendid. I'm a scarf fanatic so if you tire of that beauty send it my way please.
Rebecca D said... (10/29/11 9:33 AM) Reply
Your reviews are a delight. I, too, love the collar and think your whole outfit is stunning.
Christas said... (10/29/11 9:21 AM) Reply
The collar adds so much to this dress, and I love the way you "cheated" to make the red side show a little bit. It looks like piping and is a wonderful detail. You look so pretty and stylish! You would never know that this was made from an out of print pattern; it looks so current and up-to-date. Another wonderful garment & review!
no7262 said... (10/29/11 9:19 AM) Reply
Love your reviews! You are so generous with all of your great information! You look wonderful! Nora :)
lcdrbetty said... (10/29/11 8:34 AM) Reply
Love how you transformed the pattern for a whole new look! Collar is wonderful. Takes a gutsy woman to wear those boots! Beautiful job!
Jane S said... (10/29/11 7:15 AM) Reply
I so love that new collar, especially how you used the alternate color as piping. These colors are so flattering with your hair and that scarf is perfect for it. Nice inspiration.
sfshaza said... (10/29/11 6:10 AM) Reply
Wow, I love the dress! I love the angle. I love the collar. I love your haircut! That scarf and those boots are amazing!
Peggy L said... (10/29/11 6:10 AM) Reply
Love the addition of the collar! Another great looking dress from Ms. Annette. The scarf adds the perfect touch.

Megan Nielsen MN2205