Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2151 (Misses/Petite Blouse)

Review submitted in Think Pink Contest
Reviewed by:Pinkytoo

About Pinkytoostarstarstar
NV USA
Member since: 6/23/06
Posted on:10/29/11 3:38 PM

Heatherrique said... (12/20/11 5:28 PM) Reply
Pink is definitely your color!
barebear said... (11/6/11 5:06 PM) Reply
I love the colour on you, and I think the tie is a nice touch. Sorry to hear you're disappointed with it, but I hope you can salvage the shirt. That fabric is fantastic and looks great on you, and I like the pearly buttons (or are they snaps?). My condolances on the early snow, though. :(
JillyBe said... (11/2/11 6:52 PM) Reply
Ooooh this color looks SO good on you! I wish you hadn't said anything about the aspects you don't like, because you made me look at it with a more critical eye.....but you know what? I don't agree - I STILL think it looks great on you! Can't you get creative with how you tie the bow so that it works more to your liking? That & sleeve alterations, as others have mentioned, could make this blouse SO worth saving!
Margaret said... (11/1/11 12:14 PM) Reply
I think it looks very pretty on you! I agree with MNBarb that if you think the sleeves are making it look Old Lady, it might work to make them either short or 3/4. Very pretty print and it's a great color for you!
Terri A said... (11/1/11 3:14 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse and such pretty pink fabric!
Larkin said... (10/30/11 11:09 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks nice - very Pinky! Agree that the color is great for you. Thanks for the insights about the pattern. Hope you can turn this into something you're excited about!
pdiddly said... (10/30/11 4:42 AM) Reply
I love the scarf collar blouses at the moment and the sheer fabric is also so on trend - shame hubby doesn't like it - good luck on the Think Pink entry
marec said... (10/29/11 11:22 PM) Reply
It's really pretty! I love the fabric, and think you look terrific in this color. I'm not seeing Old lady either, but it *is* a classic style, and maybe that is what your hubby is noticing.
Aroura said... (10/29/11 8:30 PM) Reply
Snow! Oh, Pink goes well with snow. :) Seriously though, the color is really pretty, I'm sorry you don't like the blouse. I totally agree with you about facing, I think 95% of them could/should be eliminated in patterns! The bow is cute though, and the color is so pretty on you, I hope you can salvage the top so you like it better. :)
MNBarb said... (10/29/11 7:57 PM) Reply
I'm not seeing Old Lady but if the sleeve it what does it for you a short sleeve (chop) might take care of that. The PINK is terrrific for you!
JTink said... (10/29/11 6:15 PM) Reply
Pinky this is beautiful. I don't see any thing Old lady-ish about it. The color and sheerness, are far from Old lady ;-)
jannw said... (10/29/11 4:07 PM) Reply
It's very pretty on you and a beautiful shade of pink! I agree about the back facing for a bow! Odd...but you did a great job!
renren said... (10/29/11 4:00 PM) Reply
Truly, it does seem the perfect contest for Pinkytoo and poorpigling, all things pink! I think it's a nice blouse and you did a fine job. Congratulations on your Think Pink entry!

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB300