Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5304 (Skirt with Trim Variations)

Reviewed by:jacalhoun

About jacalhounstarstar
PA
Member since: 9/6/04
Posted on:10/3/04 8:50 PM
Last Updated:10/3/04 8:50 PM

jacalhoun said... (10/4/04 9:44 AM) Reply
Diva, I see that it looks blue - it was SUPPOSED to be a cool grey denim, but I have a hard time picturing how a fabric will look as a particular garment. Oh well. Thanks for the zipper tip. And MaryT - thanks for the compliment. Sometimes I get too confident and think I can do more complicated stuff. But I figure I'll never expand my knowledge if I don't give new stuff a try!
SouthernStitch said... (10/4/04 9:09 AM) Reply
I think you did really well with this. I drop into the "fewer complications" mode of sewing quite often myself.
D1Diva said... (10/4/04 9:03 AM) Reply
Sometimes skirts can be deceiving - they look simple until you start to sew them and realize how many different steps and techniques there are. I hear you on the instructions that jump around! Very frustrating and especially so for a beginner. Sandra Betzina has some good zipper techniques in her book, Power Sewing. She uses lots of pictures to illustrate. By the way, your fabric looks blue in the picture!

by: TyLamer