Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5304 (Skirt with Trim Variations)

Reviewed by:jacalhoun

About jacalhounstarstar
PA
Member since: 9/6/04
Posted on:10/3/04 8:50 PM
Last Updated:10/3/04 8:50 PM

jacalhoun said... (10/4/04 9:44 AM) Reply
Diva, I see that it looks blue - it was SUPPOSED to be a cool grey denim, but I have a hard time picturing how a fabric will look as a particular garment. Oh well. Thanks for the zipper tip. And MaryT - thanks for the compliment. Sometimes I get too confident and think I can do more complicated stuff. But I figure I'll never expand my knowledge if I don't give new stuff a try!
SouthernStitch said... (10/4/04 9:09 AM) Reply
I think you did really well with this. I drop into the "fewer complications" mode of sewing quite often myself.
D1Diva said... (10/4/04 9:03 AM) Reply
Sometimes skirts can be deceiving - they look simple until you start to sew them and realize how many different steps and techniques there are. I hear you on the instructions that jump around! Very frustrating and especially so for a beginner. Sandra Betzina has some good zipper techniques in her book, Power Sewing. She uses lots of pictures to illustrate. By the way, your fabric looks blue in the picture!

Papercut Patterns 1004