Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1261 (Misses' Tunic)

Reviewed by:stitchywitch

About stitchywitchstarstarstarstar
KY USA
Member since: 10/15/09
Posted on:10/29/11 8:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Sweater knit fabrics

whistlin dixie said... (11/8/11 10:16 PM) Reply
Love the fabric you chose for this. The changes you made look great on your body, although I also like the original look. Nice top!
jenleeC said... (11/1/11 4:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review...this one is in my stash and I am a pear so maybe I need to rethink! Your final top looks great!
Erin D said... (10/30/11 11:50 PM) Reply
I love sweater knits, too. Your top looks great and your changes made all the difference.
mesewlot said... (10/30/11 9:48 PM) Reply
I have to agree, you look anything other than a pear shape. :) However, after seeing the before and after, I love the alterations that you did. You have a great eye for what flatters your figure and you did an excellent job, your fabric choice/color is awesome! I may have to try your version because I'm looking for sweater varieties right now and that will work for me!
RadarRadiance said... (10/30/11 2:20 PM) Reply
Cute and love the fabric! I like the remade version on you, perfect fit and flattering. I laugh when you say "pear" shape, you look anything other than like a pear ;-)
Elizabeth made this said... (10/30/11 10:37 AM) Reply
I am with you on wanting to sew a sweater! Yours is way more flattering than the original, but thanks for pointing out this pattern because the cowl is really pretty and looks like it was worth altering all things big and boxy.
becca a said... (10/30/11 10:37 AM) Reply
Thank you for showing how to make this top flattering after trying the pattern without altering the wide hipline. It is lovely now!
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/30/11 8:39 AM) Reply
Your top looks great and I appreciate the review!
Elke said... (10/30/11 7:53 AM) Reply
Pretty top and I really like the changes you made! It looks fabulous on you.
pdiddly said... (10/30/11 4:53 AM) Reply
I love the fabric on your top - doesn't look as bad as you think - the alterations seem to work fine.
Lori V said... (10/29/11 11:56 PM) Reply
Great job on the top, I like all the changes you made. Nice save.
miausiau said... (10/29/11 10:28 PM) Reply
I made a top this summer with the same overall shape. VERY unflattering for me as well.
lamstu said... (10/29/11 10:16 PM) Reply
Your top is really great as it ended up. Often I spend as much time customizing my patterns as it took to sew in the first place, so I know just how it was for this one. Really helpful to see the before- and after- photos and to learn how you "made it work!"

by: Nan Kay