Pattern Reviews> Neue Mode> 23281: Wool trousers

About clothingengineerstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/7/10
Posted on:11/1/11 5:19 PM

jenleeC said... (11/5/11 0:46 AM) Reply
Great pair of well fitted pants....I am on a bit of a pants binge at the moment and testing several patterns to find my TNT! Thanks for the review.
VirginiasDghter said... (11/2/11 11:25 AM) Reply
I think you've got a really good fit here. They look great!
clothingengineer said... (11/2/11 11:18 AM) Reply
@JTink - Sort of. Both ways add length to the back crotch curve, but my way adds where I need it (center) instead of where I don't (at the top). FFRP notes a similar situation where a person has both a high round back and swayback. They need more length at the upper part of the blouse and less at the lower part, but the back length of the shirt remains the same in actual inches. All the times when I added to the bottom of the crotch curve I found I still needed more length, but the bottom/upper thigh was very baggy. I finally figured out that it is because my bottom is most rounded in the middle of my hip, not at the bottom. Since my CB seam ended up more angled (ie on the bias) I also had to take it in a little bit to make sure it stretched nicely instead of being loose and rippled.
JTink said... (11/2/11 9:26 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for posting the link. Does this do the same thing as adding to the top of the center back?
Karine said... (11/2/11 8:53 AM) Reply
Your pants are wonderful - great fit! Pants are always such a challenge - appreciate the explanation on the mid hip wedge to the back crotch curve.
GoodbyeValntino said... (11/2/11 7:38 AM) Reply
Your pants look very nice. I haven't made trousers in a while and your review is very helpful. Thanks!
becca a said... (11/2/11 7:12 AM) Reply
These pants fit you beautifully.
Annette1 said... (11/2/11 2:42 AM) Reply
A GREAT-fitting pair of pants, and it's so nice to see a review for a Neue Mode pattern. :o)
LauraTS said... (11/2/11 2:15 AM) Reply
These look great on you. Thanks for the info on adding to the back crotch depth in the middle - makes a lot of sense, I'll have to try it!
clothingengineer said... (11/1/11 6:59 PM) Reply
Hi JTink, below is a link to a photo of my back pattern piece. The area where you see all the yellow drafting tape is where I put the wedge. I left the top and bottom part of the crotch curve alone, which is where a lot of books say to add extra length. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/AjgHQmdr97yuKLlJaJ15JXYdrcV4ASRU1WknBYx_9eM?feat=directlink
JTink said... (11/1/11 6:29 PM) Reply
These look wonderful. I can't quite picture what you meant by adding a mid hip wedge to the back crotch curve. Can you go in to a bit of detail? I'm a visual person and really struggle sometimes ;-)

by: cleverkitt...