Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4510 (2 Tone Dress)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:11/1/11 7:01 PM
Last Updated:11/2/11 4:04 PM

arianamaniacs said... (12/6/11 2:40 AM) Reply
@fourkid: I added a link to the pattern pic. You're right though, the dress is totally Viking!
mesewlot said... (11/4/11 2:15 AM) Reply
I really like your skirt, it's very stylish and creative!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (11/3/11 0:37 AM) Reply
Your rendition of the dress is interesting and eye-catching. I examined it closely and decided you did something here that really works. The fabric combination works wonderfully together and it is very flattering on you. I like it!
prttynpnk said... (11/2/11 9:55 PM) Reply
I'm sorry its not your favorite, its very pretty on....
lakaribane said... (11/2/11 8:46 PM) Reply
I love the colorblock, too bad you don't like it, visually it's really cool! Love your shoes (in both reviews, in fact)
arianamaniacs said... (11/2/11 6:41 PM) Reply
Yes, it's OOP, it's quite old, I've had it in my stash for a few years at least
fourkid said... (11/2/11 6:38 PM) Reply
I don't know why, but this dress interested me, so I spent extra time looking over all the reviews. I think yours is very interesting and works really well on you. I don't see it as medieval as much as Viking! But again, it looks beautiful on you. I love your changes. I agree, the bodice looks great on grain rather than bias. Your boots are great and add a lot to this look. I think you should give it a chance this winter - and I am guessing others will like it as well. (btw - I can't find the pattern at the site - I think McCall's pullled it?)
Kayseri said... (11/2/11 3:40 PM) Reply
What a terrific combination of patterns and textures. Thanks for the frank review.
VirginiasDghter said... (11/2/11 11:23 AM) Reply
Bonnie123 said... (11/2/11 11:22 AM) Reply
marec said... (11/2/11 11:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review-this is an interesting pattern, and your dress is very runway. I like it, especially with a belt.
Margaret said... (11/2/11 4:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I think you made your version much more interesting and stylish than the drawings on the envelope would suggest. I wouldn't have guessed it was all bias either.
Aroura said... (11/1/11 8:14 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you don't like the bias cut of the dress, I love the asymetrical hem you made, and the contrasting fabrics make the dress look runway stylish, I think it's a great look on you!
solosmocker said... (11/1/11 7:09 PM) Reply
Appreciate your honest forthright review. Sorry it didn't work out as you planned.
Understanding Interfacings