Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2684

GU USA
Posted on:10/5/04 2:32 AM
Last Updated:12/24/04 1:48 PM

New2Oki said... (12/25/04 3:51 AM) Reply
Nancy, thanks for your suggestion! I will redraw the top so it fits more snugly, so hopefully can give this great pattern a better rating.
Nancy Anne said... (12/24/04 3:54 PM) Reply
I have found that re-drawing the neckline often helps me. Especially with a pattern like this where the only pieces to change are the pattern front and the corresponding facing piece. I'll bet that would fix your shoulder slippage problem. Sounds like the rest of the pattern was a real go. You did a great job of making it!
valerie sews said... (11/28/04 4:09 AM) Reply
as happens to me all the time with KS patterns, I never would have looked twice at this until I saw it in reviewed. I think it'll suit me so I went out and bought it. Thanks for the review.
Rebecca D said... (10/30/04 7:58 AM) Reply
I would love to see the new picture, but the link doesn't appear to be working. I have this pattern (which appears to OOP on the KwikSew site) and would love to see your new improved version.
New2Oki said... (10/8/04 5:21 PM) Reply
Hilary, I'll have to check to make sure I clipped the 'v', but I'm almost sure I did. Thanks for the pointers on fusible interfacint. D1Diva, you had a great point about adjusting the facing; I didn't do that! Oops!
D1Diva said... (10/5/04 9:50 AM) Reply
Is the neckline faced or bound? I can't tell by the pattern picture, although it looks faced. I'm wondering if you also adjusted the facing since by raising the shoulders, you shortened the neckline as well. If the facing didn't fit the new neckline, you would definitely get lumps and wrinkles. Hope your next try is more to your liking...this is a really cute dress!
Hilary said... (10/5/04 8:14 AM) Reply
I'm sorry the first try didn't work out for you! But it's great you're going to try again~just a thought, the lumps and bumps around the v-neck could be caused by not clipping the seam all the way to (not through! :o) ) the stitching at the point of the V. I'm not sure if that's what the problem was, but thought I'd mention it just in case. If you decide to use a stretch linen, you might want to stabilize the neckline by applying fusible interfacing to the stitching line to prevent stretching the seamand causing waving. Good luck w/ the second version!

by: maubranben