Pattern Reviews> Lutterloh> Supp 251 #207 (trousers)

Reviewed by:JEF

About JEFstarstarstar
Member since: 7/27/05
Posted on:11/6/11 12:50 PM
Last Updated:11/9/11 10:10 AM

21wale said... (11/9/11 12:37 PM) Reply
These look really nice. I like the interesting details. I have a Lutterloh book, but have only made a bathrobe!
ALY said... (11/9/11 10:33 AM) Reply
I was very interested in this review as I planned to muslin a pair of lutterloh pants from the current fall suppliment to determine the ease built into these patterns and the hip and butt shaping. Your pants look really nice and what a deal you got finding wool on the G Street $2.97 table. I agree with Miss Fairchild that you have a flat seat and there is more fabric in that area of the pants than you need. You probably do not need 2 back darts which are typically used to provide/release a lot of fabric in the seat area for a larger rounder butt. I am a lttle leary of how the lutterloh pants will fit me. My butt is so flat and low that the slight angle of the center back seam is the only dart I need in the back of pants. But I am still going to give them a try as I like the style details they add to their pants.
JEF said... (11/9/11 10:12 AM) Reply
Thank you all for the comments and the talk on the boards. I have actually readjusted my thinking about these pants and changed my review in accordance with that. You have all made me feel much better. Thank you.
MNBarb said... (11/8/11 1:33 PM) Reply
I still think these pants look quite nice on you. I know you aren't loving the back darts but, really, they will usually be covered by your top. The front seam and slit are cute details. I agree with Mufffet and also wonder why pattern companies make such wide legs.
Miss Fairchild said... (11/6/11 7:59 PM) Reply
I go along with what Mufffet said, but I'd like to add that you have a flat seat; that's why there is bunching at the top of your hips. Make a flat seat adjustment and you should be fine. These pants are great!
Mufffet said... (11/6/11 5:44 PM) Reply
What I see here is a pair of pants that have a wider leg than you probably thought, and some ease. I think they look terrific - this happened to me with the Multisnits - but the back on yours is just from your position and the sun and it looks to me like the fit is perfect through the hips, waist and seat, but you are gonna have these positional drapes when you move because it seems like this style has a fuller leg. I think you look really good in these.
treefrog said... (11/6/11 3:44 PM) Reply
Looks great from the front so I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with them. The style and fabric is great. Are you able to add a crease-line seam to the back to take out some of the excess? It is interesting that you graded a smaller size and it's still to big
KathySews said... (11/6/11 2:55 PM) Reply