Pattern Reviews> TimberLane Press> 404 (Boxers)

Reviewed by:Norma Hyman

About Norma Hyman
NE USA
Member since: 1/12/03
Posted on:10/8/04 11:07 AM
Last Updated:10/12/04 10:45 AM
kkirk said... (12/21/04 9:13 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern years ago, I've used it so much i had to make copies.lol...my teenage son was the same way(when are you going to make me something mom..), they look just like store bought boxers....
Katharine in BXL said... (10/12/04 11:33 PM) Reply
Hey Norma, that's just what my DH is like too. Now he favors boxers since we live in a tropical climate; knits are too hot. I gotta try this one!
Norma Hyman said... (10/12/04 10:47 AM) Reply
Kirianth, thank you for solving the problem - I have fixed it (I think). It's so good that we help each other!
kirianth said... (10/11/04 11:10 AM) Reply
Ah, it's good to know that someone else found the pattern ran large... maybe I will make a smaller size next time instead of taking in an inch at both sides! Norma, I think the pattern number is wrong; it's #404, not #603 -- that should fix your "where did those mittens come from?" problem :)
Norma Hyman said... (10/11/04 10:31 AM) Reply
Hillary, I think this pattern would work for briefs, also - the legs are quite short on the pattern (I made them longer) and you could put elastic in the legs for briefs. Or even shorten the legs an inch - the pattern legs, as is, are only about 2" long.
Hilary said... (10/11/04 10:07 AM) Reply
Great looking boxers! I think maybe I should make some for dh but he keeps insisting he likes briefs, and boxers look easier to me :oP I too have a picky dh,; he doesn't wear the first pants I made for him(or the 2 prs of PJ's :o() but he actually wears the Burda denim shorts I just recently finished for him and says they're his favorites! So don't give up, there's hope. OTOH, there's more time to sew for you :D
Levone said... (10/10/04 9:11 PM) Reply
Nice looking boxers. I like your label addition also. Are they custom made?
Norma Hyman said... (10/10/04 4:16 PM) Reply
Sorry the "pattern photo" is not correct; I have never made mittens, nor do I have this pattern. I thought I followed directions to submit my photo, but evidently I did something incorrectly!!

by: Immelu

By Hand London Flora Dress

by: SewMeLove

SewBaby Baby Doll Puppet Pattern

SewBaby  Baby Doll Puppet  Pattern

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)