Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2008 (Lined parka)

Reviewed by:21wale

About 21walestarstarstar
MN United States
Member since: 6/25/08
Posted on:11/7/11 11:59 AM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Outerwear
Agnesjoan said... (1/6/15 1:41 PM) Reply
I googled and found a wash in water proofing in Alberta Canada. My family hunts, fishes, quads. But I didn't even know you could get something like this for polar fleece. I'm glad I read your review, and glad that your project looked so good that it caught my attention.
JUNIPERJUNE said... (3/18/13 10:12 AM) Reply
awesome job! My husband just bought this pattern for me to make for him.
MNBarb said... (11/8/11 1:17 PM) Reply
Really nice work. Your perfection in the details are obvious. Your husband is a lucky man. I send my guys down to Mill's Fleet Farm for their hunting stuff.
pdiddly said... (11/8/11 10:01 AM) Reply
I have already posted on your blog, but I say once again Like everyone else has said WOW it is so impressive, not to mention unmissable ha ha. I am really tempted to get this pattern now to make something for my bike, bet if I did it in the orange everyone would see me. You didn't mention how long it took you to make - looks labour intensive was it?
treefrog said... (11/7/11 10:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the extra info :-)
becca a said... (11/7/11 8:38 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job on this parka! I am very impressed. One day I'd like to try this pattern, but I'm not ready to tackle this one yet. This looks so RTW!
21wale said... (11/7/11 8:35 PM) Reply
treefrog--my husband was out in this when it was very windy and he felt the length was good, but then he was also wearing overalls. He also felt the peak was a good size - if any bigger he thought it'd be floppy. I suppose that would depend on your fabric; I wouldn't say the peak piece is overly large. He used the adjustable hood cords a lot.
Kathy in NM said... (11/7/11 7:50 PM) Reply
Wow, excellent job! Glad your hubby likes it after all your hard work. I like the details in the lining.
treefrog said... (11/7/11 4:15 PM) Reply
Excellent!!!! You've done such a professional job on this jacket, esp the zippered pocket. Thanks for all the detailed photos. I bought this pattern ages ago to make a Gore-tex jacket as there are some great design features. How practical do you think the peak is for in heavy rain/wind? Do you think it should be a bit deeper at the front?
hme75 said... (11/7/11 1:49 PM) Reply
Ahhh, MN deer opener! I am very impressed with this coat. The details on your blog are fantastic, and what a great final cost. Those RTW blaze orange hunting jackets are not cheap!

Lolita Patterns Olive Peplum Top Pattern