Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2008 (Lined parka)

Reviewed by:21wale

About 21walestarstarstarstar
MN United States
Member since: 6/25/08
Posted on:11/7/11 11:59 AM
See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Outerwear

piet said... (8/9/15 5:45 PM) Reply
Are the sleeves one-piece that fold over where the top crease in the sleeve would be if you pressed the jacket, or do the sleeves have a second, curves piece that runs the length of the lower part of the sleeve? How is arm mobility in this jacket? Is it good for arm-forward activities like holding the bars of a bicycle or motorcycle, or like aiming a rifle or binoculars in the woods?
piet said... (8/1/15 1:14 PM) Reply
Great photo of the whole blaze orange camo suit. Tell me-- would it be doable to make this without the insulated lining? For travel on foot, layers are the way to go, and you need to be able to take out the insulation and keep the windproof "shell".
Agnesjoan said... (1/6/15 1:41 PM) Reply
I googled and found a wash in water proofing in Alberta Canada. My family hunts, fishes, quads. But I didn't even know you could get something like this for polar fleece. I'm glad I read your review, and glad that your project looked so good that it caught my attention.
JUNIPERJUNE said... (3/18/13 10:12 AM) Reply
awesome job! My husband just bought this pattern for me to make for him.
MNBarb said... (11/8/11 1:17 PM) Reply
Really nice work. Your perfection in the details are obvious. Your husband is a lucky man. I send my guys down to Mill's Fleet Farm for their hunting stuff.
pdiddly said... (11/8/11 10:01 AM) Reply
I have already posted on your blog, but I say once again Like everyone else has said WOW it is so impressive, not to mention unmissable ha ha. I am really tempted to get this pattern now to make something for my bike, bet if I did it in the orange everyone would see me. You didn't mention how long it took you to make - looks labour intensive was it?
treefrog said... (11/7/11 10:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the extra info :-)
becca a said... (11/7/11 8:38 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job on this parka! I am very impressed. One day I'd like to try this pattern, but I'm not ready to tackle this one yet. This looks so RTW!
21wale said... (11/7/11 8:35 PM) Reply
treefrog--my husband was out in this when it was very windy and he felt the length was good, but then he was also wearing overalls. He also felt the peak was a good size - if any bigger he thought it'd be floppy. I suppose that would depend on your fabric; I wouldn't say the peak piece is overly large. He used the adjustable hood cords a lot.
Kathy in NM said... (11/7/11 7:50 PM) Reply
Wow, excellent job! Glad your hubby likes it after all your hard work. I like the details in the lining.
treefrog said... (11/7/11 4:15 PM) Reply
Excellent!!!! You've done such a professional job on this jacket, esp the zippered pocket. Thanks for all the detailed photos. I bought this pattern ages ago to make a Gore-tex jacket as there are some great design features. How practical do you think the peak is for in heavy rain/wind? Do you think it should be a bit deeper at the front?
hme75 said... (11/7/11 1:49 PM) Reply
Ahhh, MN deer opener! I am very impressed with this coat. The details on your blog are fantastic, and what a great final cost. Those RTW blaze orange hunting jackets are not cheap!

Burda 7812