Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6203 (Misses' Tunics)

Reviewed by:jmspencer1984

About jmspencer1984
MN USA
Member since: 10/1/10
Posted on:11/7/11 7:03 PM

See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Tops

Other Projects by jmspencer1984 using this Pattern

patbe said... (9/15/13 3:15 PM) Reply
Your adaptation is beautiful & fabric choice perfect. Impressive sewing & creativity.
MamaLusco said... (11/20/11 11:20 PM) Reply
Amazing dress! I agree with Catbird- yours is even better than ModCloth's! Thank you for the tutorial on your blog for modifying this pattern. This is such a flattering style and I love the new neckline. Great work!
Judy Kski said... (11/18/11 3:40 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous in your dress! The work you do if fabulous. Thanks so much for doing a tutorial for this type neckline. I plan to do it in the near future.
mesewlot said... (11/17/11 11:57 AM) Reply
I LOVE it, especially the shirring~ great job on the over all look!!
jenleeC said... (11/11/11 9:45 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress...much better than both the original pattern and your inspiration dress. Fantastic pattern making!
CreativeDiva said... (11/10/11 1:54 PM) Reply
Wow! I just visited our blog. Thank you so much for the detailed info. I bypassed this pattern so many times. Perhaps, I'll pick it up at the next sale.
aonori said... (11/9/11 3:17 AM) Reply
I absolutely love the collar you added. You look fantastic in this dress. Great tute too. Bravo!
Claverie said... (11/8/11 8:02 PM) Reply
Needless to say, it's a beautiful dress.
lynne1nor said... (11/8/11 4:28 PM) Reply
Simply stunning!
pdiddly said... (11/8/11 4:08 PM) Reply
beautiful - great knock-off
21wale said... (11/8/11 1:51 PM) Reply
Beautifully done!
slmstyle said... (11/8/11 12:08 PM) Reply
Sensational! I love your dress and how you were able to recreate a RTW dress, very admirable. Thanks for all the detail on your blog. Really, fantastic dress!
Cook Mae said... (11/8/11 11:14 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! Looks very nice.
JPForster said... (11/8/11 9:18 AM) Reply
Beautiful work - so professional! Also enjoyed looking at your blog. I'm a new sewer so am always looking at what "can be done" - gives me something to strive for!
jmspencer1984 said... (11/8/11 9:17 AM) Reply
Wow, thank you so much everyone for all your sweet comments, makes me want to head down to my sewing room right now!! :o)
Amanda S. said... (11/8/11 9:07 AM) Reply
GREAT dress! I prefer yours to the Modcloth original. Awesome job!
JanieBee said... (11/8/11 9:02 AM) Reply
Terrific dress - I prefer your design to the ModCloth dress, too!
VivianZ said... (11/8/11 7:44 AM) Reply
You are a great sewist! Your ability to adapt the pattern neckline is great, and I think you are more than an intermediate sewer! Beautiful dress, I like it more than your inspiration.
birdmcfarland said... (11/8/11 6:38 AM) Reply
fabulous in every way
Lori V said... (11/8/11 5:13 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress. You did an amazing job, thanks for the inspiration and information.
Levone said... (11/8/11 1:32 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
SewWil said... (11/8/11 0:31 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. Great job! Everything you make is so well done.
Twinset said... (11/7/11 9:53 PM) Reply
I love this collar, and that dress is so well made + it suits you very well!
Lili123 said... (11/7/11 8:53 PM) Reply
i am so impressed by your dress and your blog is so helpfull with all the informations and photos, thanks for sharing all your knowledges and experience.
prttynpnk said... (11/7/11 8:13 PM) Reply
What a great adaptation.love your work!
Christas said... (11/7/11 8:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful work! I looked through your Flickr pics, and I am so impressed with the clothing you have made yourself and your children. Very nice sewing! This dress is wonderful, as are your other garments.
Vintage Joan said... (11/7/11 8:08 PM) Reply
So lovely! :)
sew2little said... (11/7/11 7:47 PM) Reply
Your version is beautiful, and you look beautiful in it. And your children are beautiful too! So that's beautiful x 3.
Catbird said... (11/7/11 7:29 PM) Reply
Wow...I took a look at your blog and have to say that I wouldn't have looked twice at the red inspiration dress, but your dress is another story!! I think it's beautiful and outshines the ModCloth dress by light years. You did a great job and the style suits you perfectly.

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern