Pattern Reviews> Revisions> 107 (Peony)

Reviewed by:JillyBe

About JillyBestarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/10
Posted on:11/15/11 7:29 PM
Last Updated:11/15/11 8:09 PM

Andys Mom said... (5/15/14 4:47 AM) Reply
I own the pattern and just let it sit. You convinced me I need a challenge that brings out the technical sewing I love plus the artistic tallent that needs to be nurtured. I hear Revisions patterns require a lot of tweaking, but like you say at the end, it was worth it. Great post and I hope you do more of these type of patterns. There are getting to be a lot out there. NewLeafPatterns which is wholesale has tons of small independant pattern companies. You can look at the site but can not order unless you have a wholesale licence or tax number or whatever is wholesale! However it does give you a lot of companies one doesn't hear much from. Again a wonderful review, great vest and super design job. A big high five.
Claverie said... (3/12/12 6:44 PM) Reply
How did I miss this review! Beautiful!
noodlesew said... (11/19/11 11:25 PM) Reply
This is a fantastic work of art! I dreamt of a Koos van den Akker garment, but never knew of how to put the colours and textures together.
whistlin dixie said... (11/18/11 10:32 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous, as I knew it would be. Excellent use of color, and I love all of the details you added. Superb!
JillyBe said... (11/18/11 1:44 PM) Reply
Thanks again for the fantastic comments, everyone! Regarding the term "fiber artist" - I'm seriously flattered! I really don't think I'm even close, but I definitely appreciate the honoring of the fiber artist within....and this certainly gives me wonderful motivation to feed her :) :) :) Thank you everyone - the encouragement here really means a lot :)
carolynw said... (11/18/11 10:42 AM) Reply
This is absolutely gorgeous - I am so in love with it - I could steal it!! Really terrific work and choice of colurs/trim and embellishments
sfshaza said... (11/17/11 10:49 AM) Reply
JillyBe, I do think you have a fiber artist lurking within. When it comes out to play, YOWZA. What an amazing result from your artistic vision!
JTink said... (11/16/11 6:21 PM) Reply
Oh My! I agree with the others that this is a work of art. It's just lovely.
Bonnie123 said... (11/16/11 3:37 PM) Reply
I love it, I love it! Nice job. Lot's of work and details. Kudos for you! You have such a sense of style!
JillyBe said... (11/16/11 1:14 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh...everyone...thank you SO much for the lovely comments! Compliments like these make me blush and grin from ear to ear! Hmmmm Marec you're right about the colors....hmmmmmm - maybe more "me" than I thought lol!
DorothyK said... (11/16/11 11:33 AM) Reply
Jilly, this is a masterpiece. The sizing, the fabric combination, the workmanship... all perfect. What an accomplishment. I'm in awe!
marec said... (11/16/11 11:07 AM) Reply
I had to come back to say: I just noticed that the colors of your vest mimic the colors in your avatar. Coincidence? I think not :-)
marec said... (11/16/11 11:05 AM) Reply
This is "your" vest now. It is so full of creativity, texture, color...just lovely and sure to be a major player in your wardrobe.
jannw said... (11/16/11 9:06 AM) Reply
I've been eyeing this pattern for ages..you did a fantastic job!! Your color selection and embellishments are, as always, suburb!
Rebecca D said... (11/16/11 6:26 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Aroura said... (11/16/11 3:31 AM) Reply
Jilly, it turned out so beautiful! All of the love and effort you put into this really shows. I adore your embellishments, and the alterations you made make it extremely special. Gorgeous!
madebyj said... (11/16/11 2:56 AM) Reply
Oh WOW!!! You have certainly aced this one - both striking in your effort and the fun you had along the way.
snaffles said... (11/16/11 2:27 AM) Reply
Like Renren said, the term fiber artist really applies here. So much wearable art isn't really all that wearable in my opinion. I never really liked this pattern because of the curves (though I love the Ericsons), but I love your rendition with the fabrics you chose.
SewWil said... (11/15/11 10:49 PM) Reply
Your vest is a work of art. Gorgeous!
renren said... (11/15/11 10:40 PM) Reply
I think this is what the term "fiber artist" means. It is like a lovely, lovely flower, a peony. Very nice, JillyBe.
bananaoil said... (11/15/11 9:47 PM) Reply
Holy Cannoli__ That is gorgeous!
AndreaSews said... (11/15/11 9:12 PM) Reply
Just fabulous, Jilly. A work of art!
steph82 said... (11/15/11 8:34 PM) Reply
A very pretty and unique vest.

Burda 7811