Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Stella and Luna Tops (Stella and Luna Tops)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:11/16/11 10:26 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
marthamyers said... (3/16/13 9:23 AM) Reply
PattiinATL - not a stupid question at all. I had to go look! I added the sleeve darts before I hemmed the sleeves but after all of the other construction. I think it would be fine ti add the darts after all of the construction too, though.
PattiinATL said... (3/15/13 7:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I have what is probably a stupid question-at what point in the construction process did you add the darts?
Cultured Purl said... (4/10/12 2:02 PM) Reply
Glad to hear it does run smaller than the pattern shows it to be and can judge from that point on,,, I LOVE your top and originally did not think this top was for me but now I will try it out of a silk first then a knit ( would probably resize w/ a knit??) LOVE the gussets and will probably borrow your ideas on my own Stella! Thanks for the inspirtation, b/c you really made this top even more outstanding w/ your changes! Good Sewing~
JillyBe said... (11/17/11 5:46 PM) Reply
I keep saying I have enough patterns, but with reviews like this I'm starting to yearn for more....especially nice with your changes!
becca a said... (11/17/11 9:20 AM) Reply
What a lovely blouse! The color is fabulous and the neckline is beautiful.
JPForster said... (11/17/11 9:06 AM) Reply
I went to one of Linda Lee's trunk shows and saw several of her patterns made up for the show. However, I have not seen many posted reviews. I was intriqued by some of her designs and am so happy you posted this. I guess I'll have to buy! Thanks also for your "tips"!
Fran G said... (11/17/11 7:03 AM) Reply
So pretty, Martha. Very good review full of interesting design detail "tips" and info.
no7262 said... (11/16/11 11:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Nora :)
DorothyK said... (11/16/11 5:59 PM) Reply
I love your version of the top. Your changes make the design much more original and interesting.
Ann Smith said... (11/16/11 5:54 PM) Reply
Your gussets and darts add a lot to the simple design to make it more interesting. Great save.
marec said... (11/16/11 10:55 AM) Reply
double post
marec said... (11/16/11 10:53 AM) Reply
Absolutely in love with this!! I really like all the details you have added, especially the gusset. This is an idea I will definitely borrow from you. This top is beautiful.

Gracie Handbag Paper Pattern

Gracie Handbag Paper Pattern

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)