Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Stella and Luna Tops (Stella and Luna Tops)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:11/16/11 10:26 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
marthamyers said... (3/16/13 9:23 AM) Reply
PattiinATL - not a stupid question at all. I had to go look! I added the sleeve darts before I hemmed the sleeves but after all of the other construction. I think it would be fine ti add the darts after all of the construction too, though.
PattiinATL said... (3/15/13 7:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I have what is probably a stupid question-at what point in the construction process did you add the darts?
Cultured Purl said... (4/10/12 2:02 PM) Reply
Glad to hear it does run smaller than the pattern shows it to be and can judge from that point on,,, I LOVE your top and originally did not think this top was for me but now I will try it out of a silk first then a knit ( would probably resize w/ a knit??) LOVE the gussets and will probably borrow your ideas on my own Stella! Thanks for the inspirtation, b/c you really made this top even more outstanding w/ your changes! Good Sewing~
JillyBe said... (11/17/11 5:46 PM) Reply
I keep saying I have enough patterns, but with reviews like this I'm starting to yearn for more....especially nice with your changes!
becca a said... (11/17/11 9:20 AM) Reply
What a lovely blouse! The color is fabulous and the neckline is beautiful.
JPForster said... (11/17/11 9:06 AM) Reply
I went to one of Linda Lee's trunk shows and saw several of her patterns made up for the show. However, I have not seen many posted reviews. I was intriqued by some of her designs and am so happy you posted this. I guess I'll have to buy! Thanks also for your "tips"!
Fran G said... (11/17/11 7:03 AM) Reply
So pretty, Martha. Very good review full of interesting design detail "tips" and info.
no7262 said... (11/16/11 11:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Nora :)
DorothyK said... (11/16/11 5:59 PM) Reply
I love your version of the top. Your changes make the design much more original and interesting.
Ann Smith said... (11/16/11 5:54 PM) Reply
Your gussets and darts add a lot to the simple design to make it more interesting. Great save.
marec said... (11/16/11 10:55 AM) Reply
double post
marec said... (11/16/11 10:53 AM) Reply
Absolutely in love with this!! I really like all the details you have added, especially the gusset. This is an idea I will definitely borrow from you. This top is beautiful.

by: WinterQuee...