Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 102 (Sweater Twin Set)

Reviewed by:SusanClaire

About SusanClairestar
MN USA
Member since: 12/26/02
Posted on:11/16/11 7:58 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
livelife said... (2/18/12 9:57 AM) Reply
Great top! wondering how your elna does with knits if you used it on this project?
SusanClaire said... (11/18/11 2:07 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, it was actually fun tie dying the pieces. Renren- I tested the small zig zag on the neckline and didn't like the look as much, and since the neckline is big enough to drop over without stretching, I went with two rows of long straight stitch with material slightly stretched. The bottom hem is basically fused in place so the stitching is decorative.
o3b said... (11/18/11 3:44 AM) Reply
Your tie dye is very pretty. I like the lines of your shirt.
Andreahg said... (11/17/11 9:09 AM) Reply
I love the tie dye! I have this pattern in my stash but keep putting it off. Thanks for the review.
AdaH said... (11/16/11 8:21 PM) Reply
Love the tie dye. I made the cardi from this pattern and was pleased with how it turned out.
renren said... (11/16/11 8:13 PM) Reply
I like your tie dye! I see what you mean about the flare at the wrist end of the sleeves. I think it kind of echoes the curvature at the hemline and looks quite nice. I'm sewing a knit right now--just taking a few minutes for a break. Could you not use a tiny zigzag for the hem and the band at the neckline? That's what I'm doing and I'm wondering if there is a reason for your decision to use the longer straight stitch (other than the flaky coverhem machine). Thanks!

by: dsharp