Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 45793-1013 (Gucci Ultrasuede Hobo Bag)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

About nancy2001starstarstarstar
Member since: 12/3/05
Posted on:11/18/11 2:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
zoezmommy said... (9/30/12 1:03 PM) Reply
Wow... so inspiring! Thank you
joann said... (12/4/11 1:50 PM) Reply
This blows me away - what talent you have! I'm just so sorry I didn't see this until after 11/30 so I could have voted for you.
nancy2001 said... (11/26/11 7:32 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your kind and generous reviews. And your votes, too.
CCQ said... (11/22/11 9:37 PM) Reply
Wow, amazing!
dianem7624 said... (11/20/11 4:02 PM) Reply
When I first saw this bag, I said no way. This is too professional, not homemade. Then I decided to look at your other reviews of bags and jackets and realize you know what you are doing. So very awesome. All of your hard work.
Creativewan said... (11/20/11 2:48 PM) Reply
Hello Nancy2001! I just want to say this handbag of yours is simply GORGEOUS!!! I appreciate the time you took to enlighten us by presenting details of your self-drafted pattern adventure though extremely helpful links, and for including the story behind it. You are such an inspiration to us and to me, a girl who's been sitting on her own self-drafted pattern for way too long (many months actually). What was especially encouraging to me was the fact that you made this beautiful bag on a home sewing machine! Kudos to you for your bravery to set out, perfect, and create your own designer bag, and Thank You Nancy2001 for sharing the process with us!!!
Amanda.Claire said... (11/20/11 8:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful bag!!
JDpenelope said... (11/20/11 6:16 AM) Reply
I loved reading your review and seeing all the photos. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your creative journey and your construction challenges. I make bags, but have never made (and probably never will) anything like this. That curve and junction is beautiful. Your stamina to see clearly and overcome "all obstacles in your way" (as the song goes) is so inspirational.
MaryDB said... (11/19/11 1:12 AM) Reply
Bravo, Nancy! Beautiful bag, well done, great review.
Mary M. Mohr said... (11/18/11 11:23 PM) Reply
I can hardly convey to you what an inspiration you are. Your bag is just short of unbelieveable, but your research and eight muslins and on and on is really over the top. And all of this peppered with your wit (flyers for JoAnne's tucked in your Gucci Jackie hobo is a hoot) puts you in your very own class. You really deserve to win, but actually your garments and bags have already escalated you beyond any prize someone else could give you. Brava!
Mary M. Mohr said... (11/18/11 11:23 PM) Reply
sewbarbie said... (11/18/11 6:30 PM) Reply
I love it!!!
cindyann said... (11/18/11 4:52 PM) Reply
Wonderful bag! You did an amazing job on it.
Celticstitcher said... (11/18/11 4:22 PM) Reply
fantastic job, and brilliant review. I've just started making handbags and this review has loads of helpful info - the gucci video was fun. thank you and good luck in the comp
LakesideLady said... (11/18/11 3:22 PM) Reply
Stunning bag. Excellent review. Best of luck to you in the contest.
Huntwoman said... (11/18/11 3:17 PM) Reply
Wow, this is gorgeous. You are very talented. I'm off to vote now. Good luck.

by: Jonni Ange...