Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Slip-on Suzie (Slip-On Suzie)

Reviewed by:Knitz

About Knitz
VA USA
Member since: 11/19/06
Posted on:11/18/11 9:54 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Rebecca D said... (8/23/12 6:43 AM) Reply
Love the dress. And what an excellent point you make about the value of the pattern.
Sandi S said... (11/27/11 1:11 PM) Reply
I definitely agree with your comment about getting value from the StyleArc patterns. I have this dress pattern on its way to me now - can't wait to make it.
strongnow said... (11/21/11 7:59 AM) Reply
Hi Knitz: I am going to print off those instructions and get at it. I will test this out, as suggested, before I cut out the dress. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out.
Knitz said... (11/19/11 1:36 PM) Reply
strongnow -- Sure thing -- all I did was to extend the front edge of the bodice by 1 inch along the edge. I did not make the shoulder seam longer, so I tapered that 1 inch extra to nothing at the shoulder seam. Be aware that doing this means that the bodice will cross your chest at a different point than illustrated in the design drawing. My next version will take that edge out just a wee bit more -- maybe 3/4"? Of course, what "I" felt was too low may not be too low for someone else, so it's always a good idea to test it out before cutting into good fabric! BTW, there are no facings for the front edge, so no worries there -- I simply turned in the new, extended edge the same amount as specified in the pattern. HTH, Karen
VivianZ said... (11/19/11 8:36 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! I am also inspired by your comments on Syle Arc.
strongnow said... (11/19/11 8:26 AM) Reply
I am inspired by your dress and information. If you have the time I would appreciate a bit more information on how to raise the neckline without spoiling the front bodice style line. Is it fairly straight forward? (I am new at sewing.) Thanks in advance.
Sew4Fun said... (11/18/11 4:43 PM) Reply
As I said on your blog I love your dress! Thanks for the review. I too am finding it very hard to sew with patterns from other companies. I haven't bought a Big4 pattern in the last six months because the sales are no longer inticing.
sewing for fun said... (11/18/11 3:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Elona said... (11/18/11 12:09 PM) Reply
What a good looking dress! I think the neckline depth is great just as it is, btw: Very sleek and elongated in effect.

Alabama Chanin Bloomers Swing Skirt

by: Tailypo

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

You Sew Girl 300mm Square Snap PATTERN ONLY Pattern