|Pattern Description: close fitting, cowl neck top with raglan sleeves, view C|
This view is much better for fit than view A/B
Pattern Sizing: I made a 14 instead of a 12 to give me a more relaxed fit, less snug
I took this photo before I'd hemmed the sleeves, the bunching on the top of the arm disappeared after that
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? pretty much
It's so quick to sew together, and I love the relaxed comfy shape of it with the lower, slightly baby-batwing, armpits (I sweat a lot, so close-fitting armscyes are my enemy).
Fabric Used: cotton jersey, really soft (I think there's some viscose in there too)
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
- I cut 5" off the hem to make it the view A length which is plenty long enough on me
- I wanted a slouchier, lower cowl, so cut the neckline a little lower see here and increased the cowl collar by the same amount so it still fit together
- My left shoulder is paralysed and droops an inch or two, so I attempted a Fwd Shoulder Adjustment by taking half a cm off the left armscye (front section) Click Here and 1cm off the front sleeve at the armscye, and added that cm to the back sleeve. It seemed to work
I really like this pattern, I'll make a few of these. Vogue is my fave pattern co, their fit & finishing seem to be best for my body.
I've noticed that Kwik Sew 3740 has generally better reviews, but I think this one works for me, with the slightly lower neckline I gave it
purple version which is even better. Thicker fabric, really soft & cosy
lime green version Here. This is a proper sweater knit: I finished all the edges before construction. It's drapier than the others, I just love it
rust version. Again a proper sweater knit. I had got too confident doing this one, and somehow sewed the back sleeves to each other and the front sleeves to each other. Unpicking was really hard & I made several small holes in the fabric which threatened to unravel into big holes. I ironed interfacing to the wrong sides of the holes and resewed the seams