Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1250 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Deepika

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Carobo said... (5/1/14 7:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful ! I think it looks great on you !
Sassy T said... (2/16/12 8:11 AM) Reply
Love the dress on you. Nothing wrong with a slip; a pattern for a slip is included in one of the Vogue Spring 2012 collection. You rocked the dress.
fabricfanatic said... (1/21/12 10:33 PM) Reply
I saw you in this dress at PR day and thought it looked fine without the slip, so no worries! The hem treatment is very creative.
Deepika said... (11/30/11 7:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments. I tried wearing shapewear but that made things worse. So I bought a full slip and that works really well. Apparently all I needed was another layer. This dress is now wearable. My next version is going to be with sleeves.
annakeeton said... (11/29/11 6:13 AM) Reply
The dress is lovely and it inspired me to finally buy this pattern!
Elona said... (11/25/11 12:19 PM) Reply
Deepika, the dress looks beautiful on you. It's a Jean Harlow effect and you have the figure to carry it off. Besides, did your husband complain? I didn't think so. ;-)) Enjoy.
pattika said... (11/25/11 12:02 PM) Reply
The dress is gorgeous, and looks fabulous on you! No need to feel self-conscious; you look very feminine and curvy.
becca a said... (11/25/11 10:01 AM) Reply
You look gorgeous in this dress! The color is lovely and it is a very flattering cut on you. I think a slip would help a lot with the cling. I made a silk jersey dress that I need to wear a slip under for modesty, but with the slip it is fine.
fuzzygalore said... (11/25/11 7:20 AM) Reply
It does look very good. But I'm totally with you on silk jersey - great for undies, nightwear, underlayers, not OK for a dress.
BeckyMc said... (11/23/11 1:12 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful rendition of the V1250 we all love. I too, felt the neck was too low. I just pulled the facing up a pinch and tacked it to the shoulder tuck area. A quick and dirty fix, but it makes me more comfortable wearing it.
lauraborealis said... (11/22/11 7:52 PM) Reply
What Clio said... you look smokin' hot. Fabulous fit and color on you. Wear it proudly.
ClioBklyn said... (11/22/11 12:19 PM) Reply
Yes, it clings... in ALL the RIGHT places! Deepika, you look smokin hot in this dress! I hope you'll get a slip and give it another try.
Heatherrique said... (11/22/11 12:09 PM) Reply
Deepika, this is one fine looking dress on you!
ChristinePDX said... (11/22/11 11:08 AM) Reply
I have been on a 1250 kick, and bought a full slip JUST to wear with the 1250. My mother had a wardrobe of slips, I figured I could at least own one :)
Tina Lou said... (11/22/11 10:30 AM) Reply
You looked mahvelous, dahlink!!! I think a slip is a tiny price to pay for total fabulosity! Oh, and, at least on my color monitor, I think the color (to die for, really!!) reads more accurately in the blog photos of PR Day Boston.
VivianZ said... (11/22/11 9:41 AM) Reply
I love this dress and I think you shouldn't not make it again. I neck line is adjustable, and don't make it out of silk jersey, but something a little more substantial. For the full lining, you could buy an inexpensive full slip from and outlet mall and just sew the straps in at the shoulder at the right length. I love the dress you made thought and don't give up on it.
Kim12469 said... (11/22/11 8:09 AM) Reply
I made a version in silk jersey too and boy did it cling. I did wear a full slip with mine and it laid a lot nicer. You look gorgeous in this!
Terri A said... (11/22/11 1:21 AM) Reply
I agree, you look great!
ArtAttack said... (11/21/11 11:17 PM) Reply
Honey, if you can't wear a slinky, clingy, sexy dress at your age with your body there surely is no hope for the rest of us...enjoy, girlfriend...you rock in this dress!
BlossomKyle said... (11/21/11 10:39 PM) Reply
The dress looks phenomenal on you!!
SewWil said... (11/21/11 8:48 PM) Reply
Fantastic color on you! I hear you about the full body slip. They are a must for silk jersey dresses.
Re Becca said... (11/21/11 8:17 PM) Reply
You rock that dress! I vote for a full lining, but then I line almost everything.
drsue said... (11/21/11 7:57 PM) Reply
Really nice on you!! Another vote for a slip. I know they are "old fashioned" but they do the job.
MNBarb said... (11/21/11 7:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. The things you didn't like were the very detials that have scared me away from this pattern. This is a very good color for you and the lines of the dress are complimentary. It is hard to be comfy in a clingy garment.
Twinset said... (11/21/11 6:39 PM) Reply
Love that color and this dress is a beautiful classic. I agree about the full body slip and silk jersey dresses (they go together), and of course you could spray Static Guard to avoid the clinging.
FreyaStark said... (11/21/11 6:32 PM) Reply
A gorgeous dress in a fabulous colour. It looks great on you. A half-slip would help with the worst of the clinging.

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2013-105