Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7779 (T-shirt or top)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:11/22/11 3:09 PM

treefrog said... (11/23/11 5:14 PM) Reply
Great top - love the print. Thanks for the details on your adjustments. I like the layered look - it would be great for a mesh fabric.
Margaret said... (11/23/11 4:47 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I think I don't like the black sleeves underneath because they are such a contrast with the light top and my (even paler this time of year) hands, making my arms look shorter... but maybe that is nitpicking, and I do have long sleeved tops in lighter colors that could work with this. Renren, I'm usually finding these prints as remnants in the Dutch-run fabric markets... I think maybe Emma One Sock still sells some similar prints.
SewWil said... (11/22/11 11:22 PM) Reply
Love the print. Great top!
Terri A said... (11/22/11 10:32 PM) Reply
Your reviews are so detailed and helpful. The fitting info is (once again) great!
khurtdvm said... (11/22/11 9:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! I love the print.
jannw said... (11/22/11 6:42 PM) Reply
Very nice!! Great alterations as usual..I like it with the sleeves underneath it, also.
FreyaStark said... (11/22/11 4:23 PM) Reply
Another cute top. The effort you've put in to make it work is impressive, too. Don't rule out wearing a long-sleeved top underneath in cooler weather. When I made Burda 7519 last summer I hated the way it looked when finished. Another review on the net showed it worn with a long-sleeved top underneath and looking really good, but I would never have thought of that for myself. When I had got used to the idea, I found that it made the top wearable and saved the project from failure.
Sigrid. said... (11/22/11 4:15 PM) Reply
Very nice, great way of combining the sizes to achieve the result you want.
renren said... (11/22/11 3:46 PM) Reply
Another great top--you find the nicest knit prints . . . or print knits? I remember Lucy's Fabrics used to sell knits and many of the best ('best' as in my favorites) came from Germany.
marec said... (11/22/11 3:19 PM) Reply
This is very stylish and interesting. I love the black sleeves under the top, but can see it without too. Very nice!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns