Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7314 (misses jacket and cape)

Reviewed by:LJane

About LJanestar
Member since: 7/19/10
Posted on:11/22/11 9:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
kremmer said... (11/26/11 10:20 PM) Reply
Great coat! I really like the shape of the sleeves! Sorry you feel they are a bit short but they look good!
Q Valley Mary said... (11/23/11 11:23 AM) Reply
I love the bias seam finish. You could almost wear this coat reversed with such a neat finish, but it also looks great as intended.
LJane said... (11/23/11 10:54 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Nice to know it doesn't look too young. dorothyn- I should have noted that I'm sort of tugging on them in the photos. The length is totally fine when my arms are at my side but as soon as I move my arms up, they slide up way above my wrists. It may have something to do with the shape of the sleeve. Of course if I did lengthen them they would be too long at my sides.
Aroura said... (11/23/11 2:44 AM) Reply
Great looking coat! The style is perfect, not too young.
marykpfist said... (11/23/11 0:19 AM) Reply
darling coat. Def NOT too young! :-)
Michele W said... (11/22/11 11:27 PM) Reply
What a beautiful coat! You've done a great job. It looks and sounds cute and cosy. Several really nice details. Think I will put this one on my list to try.
dorothyn said... (11/22/11 10:17 PM) Reply
You got a really good result. I love the way it looks a bit shaped from the front but then has the swing coat look from the back. It fits you nicely and looks really cute! Unless I'm missing something from your photos, I don't think the sleeves need to be any longer. Mid-palm is plenty long for a coat.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns