Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6695 (childrens costume)

Reviewed by:mamakooz

About mamakoozstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/14/04
Posted on:11/21/05 7:16 AM
Last Updated:10/12/04 10:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
momkoz said... (11/9/04 8:05 AM) Reply
i sewed the dog costume in a couple of days. it was very easy. i used my own spots, making them varied in sizes. i also put a little heart on the bottom. that was really cute. i also added craft wire to the ears, so i could put them where i wanted. the hood did not have a lining, but it was easily added. i put contrasting spots on the tail, too. the tail length was just right, too.
AnneM said... (10/17/04 8:08 PM) Reply
Very cute little dino. Nice that you can make this for your DS.
mamakooz said... (10/14/04 10:51 AM) Reply
Susi, I am making Ariel (simplicity 9919) and Sleeping Beauty (simp 9384) Neefer, confession time, I am bad about just glancing at instructions and only really look at them if i can't easily figure it out. The head piece on this has 2 pieces on each side to give it more shape , then I pinned the spikes in the middle of the 2 sides and sewed it, then I hemmed it and put a button hole and button under the chin. As long as everything goes along smooth, I don't even look at the steps. are you making the monkey #4856? That is very strange that they have that little hat just seperate like that. I would try putting some velcro on it to make it stay. That looks like a super tough pattern! But very cute . Wishing you lots of luck. I have had more problems with my Butterick patterns lately. I even had an envelope that had 1/2 the pattern in another set of sizes!!
Annika said... (10/13/04 3:45 PM) Reply
Oh yay! I love dinosaurs! This son-o-saurus is great! I also love that you used your stash for it!
Susi said... (10/13/04 1:36 PM) Reply
Hi, great costume, I think I made a pumpkin from McCall's last year for my DD. This year it's going to be a Princess, which Princess Costumes are you making? The one I'm making is a McCall's and I allready catched one mistake the have in the instructions (review will follow)
Neefer said... (10/13/04 10:37 AM) Reply
How was the head piece to construct? And you thought the instructions were complete? No missing steps? The reason I ask is that I'm finishing up a simplicity monkey costume, and it's a royal pain. The fit is off in the head piece. They don't give any instruction on how to attach the hat to the headpiece. I guess they assume that a toddler is going to keep a hat shaped like a cup on his head without any securing it. Generally, I like Simplicity better than Butterick/McCalls, but the costumes have been terrible. Thanks.

Fit For Art Tabula Rasa Jacket Pattern