Pattern Reviews> PR Member's Pattern> 108155-1008 (The Tablecloth Skirt)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar

Posted on:11/24/11 11:09 PM
Last Updated:11/24/11 11:12 PM

Barbara V said... (12/2/11 10:35 PM) Reply
Love it too! Smart idea to wear it with folds falling off center.
JillyBe said... (11/27/11 4:26 AM) Reply
Love it! I'm not a plaid lover, usually, but I kept a plaid from a free mystery box, & I've already started my version of this skirt. I'm seeing a tablecloth skirt revolution happening! :D
Ann Smith said... (11/25/11 11:57 AM) Reply
mmcp: I am about 2 inches shorter than Sharon so I made my square a bit smaller.
Patti B said... (11/25/11 11:30 AM) Reply
Such an interesting skirt -- love it. I have yards of this fabric too and this is a good use for it.
marthamyers said... (11/25/11 10:08 AM) Reply
Love Sharon's tutorial. Love your version. How inspiring you two are!
taylormade said... (11/25/11 7:59 AM) Reply
So glad you did this skirt! I can't wait to try it, but I've got 5 Unfinished big projects, so I have to finish those first! The skirt looks so nice and is so drapey! I like the plaid, but see what you mean about lining it up. We learn something new from every project, don't we? :-)
mmcp said... (11/25/11 7:12 AM) Reply
Yes, on my make-this-soon-list too, yours looks great! Are you the same height as sfhaza-- did you use her numbers for the sizes of the pieces? I noticed the Mizono dress fabric also seems to have more body, it think that would also affect how the thing looks a lot--if it's a very drapey fabric it'll fall flatter.
sfshaza said... (11/25/11 6:02 AM) Reply
Very cool, Ann! Yours looks great! I sure enjoyed wearing mine for Thanksgiving yesterday. :)
Ann Smith said... (11/25/11 1:42 AM) Reply
Doobee64: definitely would work in solid. The original Mizono dress is a solid knit. I may do that...
madebyj said... (11/25/11 1:08 AM) Reply
I was eyeing up Sham's tablecloth skirt as well - how clever is it??? And your version of cutting is great. Looking forward to your next one. Do you think it would work in a plain fabric???
marec said... (11/25/11 0:06 AM) Reply
This is so cool-and it is very flattering. I love everything about it.
DorothyK said... (11/24/11 11:41 PM) Reply
I love your version - and the way you placed the bulk off center. Very flattering. I will be making this as soon as I find the right fabric.

Victory Madeleine Paper Pattern