Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5103 (kimono jacket)

Reviewed by:petra

About petrastarstar
NH USA
Member since: 6/20/03
Posted on:10/13/04 5:46 AM
Last Updated:1/8/06 8:46 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
AliceB said... (9/4/06 10:59 AM) Reply
Petra, Your kimono projects are so inspirational to those of us who tend to stick to the basics. In all carnations your kimonos are exquisit.
SouthernStitch said... (1/10/06 10:12 AM) Reply
Right on! What a wonderful use of these fabrics. I think it looks perfect on you. You are small enough to be able to wear the stiffer fabric in this very well.
Asa Hagstrom said... (1/9/06 10:29 AM) Reply
I really like your bouclé and sweater knit versions too! Did you use the same size for all three versions?
Peggy L said... (1/9/06 7:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I loved seeing all your jackets!
PVA said... (1/8/06 11:11 PM) Reply
I can only repeat all of the above! A wonderful informative review & a truly beautiful jacket! Talk about wearable art! Wow!
AnneM said... (3/24/05 3:49 PM) Reply
I like both your versions. Thanks for the info.
Tiner W said... (3/22/05 8:14 PM) Reply
That's beautiful!
carolynw said... (3/22/05 1:59 PM) Reply
Happy to read this as I am about to make the same jacket so will know what the pitfalls are. Very in depth and helpful. I may line my jacket but will definitely be looking for ways to avoid the "not pretty" narrow turned front. New to this site I am very, very impressed. So much truly helpful info for experienced sewers such as Petra.
CarolynGM said... (3/22/05 6:16 AM) Reply
Love the new version too. I have this pattern, but have never tried it. Your review may just be the inspiration I need.
Elona said... (3/22/05 1:39 AM) Reply
These are such pretty jackets!
SewTwin said... (3/21/05 11:52 PM) Reply
You did Loes proud! I hope she looks at her patterns sometimes on PR.This looks similar to jackets that won prizes at the Houston Quilt Fesitval in the "Wearables" section!Grrrreat Job!
Sherril Miller said... (10/16/04 1:54 PM) Reply
I don't know who's coat is more beautiful, yours or Kitty's. I love the fabric you chose.
Modiste Madness said... (10/14/04 7:32 AM) Reply
Pretty jacket and color combination.
JDpenelope said... (10/14/04 7:08 AM) Reply
It Works! Good for you to use your talents so cleverly with this pattern.
MickeyFan said... (10/14/04 6:39 AM) Reply
I love the fabric you chose. Frankly, yours is much better than the pattern photo. Simply beautiful!
MickeyFan said... (10/14/04 6:38 AM) Reply
I love the fabric you chose. Frankly, yours is much better than the pattern photo. Yours captures the spirit of the pattern design so much better! Simply beautiful!
petra said... (10/13/04 7:35 PM) Reply
Put moderately gastly picture of me wearing this in (conclusion). The lining sari came from a local indian products shop in Brattleboro, VT, which sells used saris. The kimono fabrics from a sewing expo years ago, and the body fabric from a small fine fabric store also in Brattleboro. My xmas dress project is to use a marvellous cranberry and gold sari that I got there. Almost (but not quite) too good to cut up!
Sm said... (10/13/04 7:28 PM) Reply
What an inspiration. Your jacket is beautiful. Where did you get such an interesting collection of fabrics ?
CarolynGM said... (10/13/04 7:21 PM) Reply
Very unique and beautiful garment. I admire your creativity and technique.
minieme said... (10/13/04 5:27 PM) Reply
Kitty seems to have the same good taste in clothes. I love the concept of the surprise lining. It's a nice feature for a open jacket like this.
CatherineN said... (10/13/04 4:17 PM) Reply
This is lovely! I looked at all your pictures....you are an artistic woman and you sew beautifully.
Elemenopeo said... (10/13/04 2:25 PM) Reply
What wonderful fabrics and colors. A nice garment that keeps drawing you in to see details.
Annette H said... (10/13/04 2:05 PM) Reply
Lovely.
MaryBeth said... (10/13/04 1:30 PM) Reply
Very cool fabrics and I think it's great you've pushed the envelope, pun intended, to use fabrics not recommended. Excellent outcome. Sure hope you can post a photo of it on you with the black velvet :)
Asa Hagstrom said... (10/13/04 1:04 PM) Reply
Wow, what beautiful fabrics! I hope you get many occasions to wear your jacket.
drsue said... (10/13/04 12:45 PM) Reply
Very nice indeed.
jlg said... (10/13/04 10:45 AM) Reply
Just lovely. You definitely ended up with a glamorous evening jacket.
Ann Smith said... (10/13/04 10:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I especially love that lining. It will be fun to wear.
PhyllisC said... (10/13/04 9:38 AM) Reply
Petra - I really have to say that you have an amazing, amazing design sense...I so much enjoy your reviews and projects!
ConnieBJ said... (10/13/04 9:20 AM) Reply
Rule bending is what it's all about! That is a WOW jacket- I wish I had a reason to make one just like it...or I could make a reason up!

Understanding Knit Fabrics