Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

• Pressing Leather
    • Sewing Darts
    • Inserting Zipper
    • Finishing
  9. Bonus: A 29 page PDF document showing step by step photos of all the different types of darts and seams. ">Leather 101 Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2011-116 (Fur Coat)

Reviewed by:becca a

About becca astarstar
VT USA
Member since: 11/6/04
Posted on:12/1/11 9:46 PM

inkstain said... (4/26/12 2:03 AM) Reply
Enjoy your posts and I now realize you and I are the only ones tackling the Narnia fur coat. I recall being worried by your experience and overall I'm happier with it, but grateful you pioneered ahead! Chanel No.6
Mich23 said... (12/4/11 6:23 PM) Reply
Maybe you could rework it into the smaller jacket they have as the extra sewing course one? I'm planning to do that one for the very reason that I'm a short person and reckon it's a more flattering length/shape. Good to know the instructions are ok for Burda Style too!
Nancywin said... (12/3/11 10:41 AM) Reply
I love your fur coat! Too bad DD won't wear it. (My DD is the same way.) The fur fabric looks fabulous too.
Silknmore said... (12/3/11 8:11 AM) Reply
I'm so sad that you don't like it as it's so beautiful. Absolutely love the lining.
starryfish said... (12/2/11 10:50 AM) Reply
I think Burda design clothes for Valkyries! Or at least tall women with broad shoulders. Why do so many of their garments have no side shaping? You did a great job, such a pity you don't like it.
pdiddly said... (12/2/11 4:19 AM) Reply
what a shame you don't like it - mind you, we have all been down that road
mastdenman said... (12/1/11 11:35 PM) Reply
You look great in the coat. Coats aren't meant to be fitted garments. But if you feel that uncomfortable, try putting it into the closet for a while and then try it again.
Aixoise said... (12/1/11 10:13 PM) Reply
I, too, think it looks great - like a 40s topper coat. Put it away for a while. Get all dressed up - makeup and hot shoes, too - and try it on again. You might just change your mind!
marykpfist said... (12/1/11 10:05 PM) Reply
What a disappointment! You did a wonderful job. I'm so sorry it didn't live up to your expectations.
Donna Likes Golf said... (12/1/11 9:50 PM) Reply
I think this looks great with the belt on your DD. The lining is gorgeous - love the pop of color. So sorry it didn't work for you, but it looks like a nice warm coat. You did a nice job regardless!
redrockcity said... (11/29/11 4:39 PM) Reply
Being on the "wrong" side of 5'3 myself I feel your pain!! I too have fallen hopelessly in love with a Burda image only to find out too late it was totally wrong for my build!

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern