Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8751 (Misses' Pants)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:11/29/11 8:09 PM
Last Updated:11/29/11 8:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

jenleeC said... (2/4/12 6:51 PM) Reply
I have been reading through the pants challenge thread and jumped over to your review. Your pants look great and thanks for sharing your fitting journey with us! BTW, love "Le Grande Pattern Massacre"!
JodieT said... (11/30/11 10:44 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. You encourage me to sew some pants. I have always veered away from them.
renren said... (11/30/11 12:27 PM) Reply
And my haiku to you:

A Paris Label
Pants divine, sleek, yoked, zipped
Minnesota girl

Or should the last line be "Minnesota Barb?"
pterion said... (11/30/11 11:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful inside and out! I immediately thought this must be a pattern I should buy since it fits you so well and then I looked at everything you did to it - LOL! Great fit - I don't think the bum is a problem. It's a woven so you need some extra fabric there to sit on!
Mushywear said... (11/30/11 2:32 AM) Reply
I think your pants look really good. I can just imagine how good they must feel being lined in cotton. You just gave me an idea to line my final pair of flowing, silk pants, that is if I can get through my muslin okay! I always enjoy reading your reviews. You are too funny!
Annette1 said... (11/30/11 0:50 AM) Reply
Earth to Barb, you couldn't have a MUFFIN TOP if you wanted to -- EVEN at Thanksgiving! :o) I think these pants look GREAT on you, and I don't see how you could possibly improve upon them. I like what you're done with the leg width, in proportion to your small frame. Very, very nice!
sew2little said... (11/30/11 0:39 AM) Reply
What a journey--but your results are really great. Your patience really paid off! Marci
Nancywin said... (11/30/11 0:12 AM) Reply
Barb, it looks like you got a good fit on these. I don't know what the answer is to the "baggy bum" since I seem to have the same problem and keep trying new ways to fix it!
ArtAttack said... (11/29/11 11:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants! I love the lining! Great job, fabulous review!
marec said... (11/29/11 10:44 PM) Reply
You even matched the plaid of your lining! I bow to you. :-) These are great pants, and an entertaining review. (thanks for your recent comments)
marykpfist said... (11/29/11 10:07 PM) Reply
Those are wonderful. The fabric is fabulous! Thank you for a thorough and well worded review!
BlossomKyle said... (11/29/11 8:18 PM) Reply
Your pants look fab! Love your haiku! Hope we get to meet someday at a PR weekend. I see you were at the MN one; I was at the Austin one. You always leave such nice comments on my reviews!

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2010-18