Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3673

Member since: 3/16/08
Posted on:11/29/11 8:13 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

fourkid said... (12/4/11 8:33 AM) Reply
I thought this very cute and flattering. I like the other writer's idea of a bolero. What a great holiday season outfit.
mars418 said... (12/2/11 9:29 AM) Reply
Kyle, great job as usual! I like the jumper and the shirt you wore it with worked really well. Your tree looks like a sweetgum from what I can see!
SewWil said... (11/30/11 3:19 PM) Reply
Very nice jumper. I think it looks great on you. I like it in corduroy. Good choice of fabric.
renren said... (11/30/11 12:07 PM) Reply
I think it's sweet and demure and think there's something innocent and schoolgirlish about it--but only in the best way. It's pure and honest and uncomplicated. Of course you got compliments!!! It is very nice.
Dianne22 said... (11/30/11 10:54 AM) Reply
Hi Kyle. The dress is really cute on you and since corduroy is "in" this year I think it was a great choice. If you don't want it to look too kindergarten teacherish you might try making a bolero or shrug in the uncut corduroy instead of using a blouse/tee underneath. Keep it short enough to show off the band.
rmusic1 said... (11/30/11 2:48 AM) Reply
I've just finished making this dress myself (version C). I think your version looks lovely and I really liked the colour. Don't feel too bad about your cutting mix up. I've previously cut out the wrong skirt version for another dress and then couldn't cut out the bodice on the fold (cue much head scratching) and remained happily oblivious until it was much too late.
marec said... (11/29/11 10:56 PM) Reply
I love this dress on you, and while it does cover you up, it isn't unsexy. KWIM? Try some jewelry to change the neckline a bit if you want to take it up a notch. Oh, and that tree on your blog is called a horse chestnut out here in Oregon. Don't eat the chestnuts-one variety of the tree is poisonous.
svetlana said... (11/29/11 10:02 PM) Reply
I love your dress, but I love your green creature holding your camera even more :>
MNBarb said... (11/29/11 8:35 PM) Reply
I would never have thought to make this from corduroy but it is yummy and cozy looking, yet sophisticated. IMO the turtleneck would have made it lean toward the "teacher" look but yours makes you look long and lean.

MariaDenmark 201 yasmin skirt

by: Annfw

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Perfect Pouches Paper Pattern