Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6279 (Trench Dress-Double Breasted)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:12/2/11 9:45 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
becca a said... (12/3/11 11:10 AM) Reply
This dress looks very nice on you. You did a great job fitting it, and the color looks very pretty on my monitor. I actually like it better as a summer dress without the shirt under it. I'm sure your co-worker will love wearing it.
pdiddly said... (12/3/11 10:47 AM) Reply
what a shame after 8 hours work, still you work colleague is delighted I am sure
Nancywin said... (12/3/11 10:38 AM) Reply
cute dress. I think the way I've seen that neckline done is to sandwich the collar between the yoke pieces, which sounds opposite of what this pattern has you do.
Wino said... (12/3/11 8:21 AM) Reply
Really cute-never noticed the ruffly do dahs at the shoulders.
Sherril Miller said... (12/2/11 9:01 PM) Reply
Trina, I think it's time to move your skills designation up a notch. Your jacket is awesome. The fit is perfect and I love those cute little sleeves.
Aroura said... (12/2/11 3:17 PM) Reply
Really, this looks great on you! I'm sorry you don't find the color becoming. :( I do hope your co-worker is pleased with the beautiful gift!
MNBarb said... (12/2/11 12:49 PM) Reply
I like the pattern. I have lots of wool in my stash and it would be perfect for winter.
SewWil said... (12/2/11 12:47 PM) Reply
Looks fine to me but I know how you feel. Once you feel that way about a project even the magic closet won't help. Lucky co-worker!
michellep74 said... (12/2/11 12:13 PM) Reply
I think it's cute, too, and I also don't see the issues with the color(s) in the photo.
prttynpnk said... (12/2/11 11:51 AM) Reply
I see no gummy color- I think it's great and I need one just like it!
Mufffet said... (12/2/11 10:27 AM) Reply
The dress is cute. Not the cutest you have done you know, but cute. :)
JTink said... (12/2/11 10:10 AM) Reply
You are being way to hard on yourself. You look precious in this dress, with and without the blouse underneath. I've always found the more "fitted" I try to make seersucker, the harder it is to manage. It works best for me, in a loose fitting shirt or swishy dress. I'm sure your co-worker is going to love wearing this.

by: Artemisia ...