Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5185 (Easy)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:renren

About renrenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/20/05
Posted on:12/5/11 11:59 PM
Last Updated:12/6/11 0:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Annette1 said... (12/17/11 5:47 PM) Reply
Ah yes, I well remember your "Think Pink" gauchos, because I loved those! This pair, too, is a winner, especially with the fitting adjustments that you've made. As for a 2006 copyright, I figure the fact that it's still in the books means it's a popular pattern and still in style! I'm like you, though, I don't care whether it's in style or not. If I like it and it looks good on me, IT'S IN STYLE. :o) And by the way, thanks for the tip on going barefooted or wearing flip-flops at Mom and Daddy's. That does make sense, as I think about it, but I WOULDN'T have thought about it without your suggestion. Otherwise, I'd be tromping around in my usual boots -- ha! :o)
katlew03 said... (12/6/11 12:44 PM) Reply
Nice review. Thanks for the link to the Sandra Betzina tutorial. Your pants turned out great.
marec said... (12/6/11 11:21 AM) Reply
Totally in style, and wonderfully sewn. I love these.
petro said... (12/6/11 9:01 AM) Reply
Nice pants! I've seen a lot of those around here, so I don't think they're out of style - but who cares anyway, they look good.
marykpfist said... (12/6/11 7:38 AM) Reply
Fashion setters wear what looks good and fit their lifestyle--- this definitely fits the bill! They look great on you.. congrats on a job well done. btw- I HATE when Easy patterns aren't (easy). When I only have an hour or two to sew, I find that a frustration.
Margaret said... (12/6/11 6:44 AM) Reply
These look really nice on you -- good fit and fabric. Congrats on the fly zipper!
Judy Kski said... (12/6/11 3:11 AM) Reply
Congratulations on finishing your gauchos. They fit you nicely.
Terri A said... (12/6/11 3:11 AM) Reply
I just googled it and yes they are in style - at least a dozen various gaucho's are being sold and many of them designer - so you are right in the middle of gaucho glamour! They turned out really well. The zip and everything looks perfecto.
FreyaStark said... (12/6/11 2:16 AM) Reply
Very nice. They look really good. The length and width are just right. I think cropped pants of one kind or another have been in fashion for a long time, and I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Designer Dress Shirt Pattern