Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2508 (Misses Jackets)

Reviewed by:crisford

About crisfordstarstar
OR USA
Member since: 10/5/06
Posted on:12/7/11 12:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
madbadger said... (8/3/13 12:11 PM) Reply
I'm getting ready to make this coat in corduroy & your review was very very helpful. I love both versions but was looking for something more like your daughter's - a short coat. I love collar D & wasn't sure how it would look on the short more casual jacket - really love what you did with it & I think that's the way I'm going to go...just hope my version turns out as nice!
Claverie said... (12/7/11 6:22 PM) Reply
Excellent. This pattern is on a 'potential next task' stack, so I'm very happy you did this review. The coats look great. Love the sleeve button detail.
BexInMD said... (12/7/11 4:03 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on these two coats and all of their interesting details.
SewWil said... (12/7/11 3:33 PM) Reply
Both coats are beautiful! Great job.
21wale said... (12/7/11 2:53 PM) Reply
Both are amazing coats!
tsedai said... (12/7/11 1:48 PM) Reply
Wow! These look so great. I have some waterproof material and I really like your idea of using broadcloth to underline. I have been thinking about using this pattern soon too - thanks for the tip about the sleeve length!
homejewel said... (12/7/11 12:22 PM) Reply
I am so impressed with both coats. I can't imagine anyone asking if they were "homemade" in the negative sense - they are simply wonderful!

Sewing Workshop Mimosa Top & Pants Pattern