Pattern Reviews> Park Bench patterns> 7 (Denver City Park)

Reviewed by:Miss Fairchild

About Miss Fairchildstarstarstarstar
Posted on:12/8/11 10:11 PM
Last Updated:12/9/11 7:06 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Other Projects by Miss Fairchild using this Pattern

Miss Fairchild said... (12/9/11 4:36 PM) Reply
Take a look at this page on Park Bench's site about sizing:
Mufffet said... (12/9/11 11:11 AM) Reply
:) I do like the styles of these Park Bench Patterns, but I was surprised to pull them out and find no sizing. The instructions are there, but to me it seems like a better draft and sizing would be nice. I had the Central Park, which I just loved the vest on, and there is a possibility I could actually re-buy that one - I did give it away. :)
Miss Fairchild said... (12/9/11 7:14 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comment, Mufffet; it helped me to edit this review. The pattern does state nothing less than a size 12, and being "unstructured", you can get an idea that it is going to be full. I have seen some advanced beginners here on Pattern Review actually design and review their own patterns--and even win contests--so I think this pattern could be utilized by them; not a new beginner, though. Either the rating they give is too low, or PR's rating needs to be changed.
Mufffet said... (12/9/11 1:01 AM) Reply
I would caution folks that if they are a smallish size, they will be cutting out whatever they can measure into a vast piece of pattern. These are really not sized at all, and seem to not be anything a beginner or even an advanced beginner might want to use. I have sewn a vest and pants - both large because I was quite large at the time, and used the pattern as was and found the garments super roomy though I love the vest and still wear it- there are lots of patterns out there that will already have sizes! I am so glad you had good results with this pattern though! The cost of the patterns at Park Bench is really more than an unsized pattern should cost, in my opinion.