Pattern Reviews> Park Bench patterns> 7 (Denver City Park)

Reviewed by:Miss Fairchild

About Miss Fairchildstarstarstarstar

Posted on:12/8/11 10:11 PM
Last Updated:12/9/11 7:06 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Other Projects by Miss Fairchild using this Pattern

Miss Fairchild said... (12/9/11 4:36 PM) Reply
Take a look at this page on Park Bench's site about sizing: http://parkbenchpatterns.com/sizing/
Mufffet said... (12/9/11 11:11 AM) Reply
:) I do like the styles of these Park Bench Patterns, but I was surprised to pull them out and find no sizing. The instructions are there, but to me it seems like a better draft and sizing would be nice. I had the Central Park, which I just loved the vest on, and there is a possibility I could actually re-buy that one - I did give it away. :)
Miss Fairchild said... (12/9/11 7:14 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comment, Mufffet; it helped me to edit this review. The pattern does state nothing less than a size 12, and being "unstructured", you can get an idea that it is going to be full. I have seen some advanced beginners here on Pattern Review actually design and review their own patterns--and even win contests--so I think this pattern could be utilized by them; not a new beginner, though. Either the rating they give is too low, or PR's rating needs to be changed.
Mufffet said... (12/9/11 1:01 AM) Reply
I would caution folks that if they are a smallish size, they will be cutting out whatever they can measure into a vast piece of pattern. These are really not sized at all, and seem to not be anything a beginner or even an advanced beginner might want to use. I have sewn a vest and pants - both large because I was quite large at the time, and used the pattern as was and found the garments super roomy though I love the vest and still wear it- there are lots of patterns out there that will already have sizes! I am so glad you had good results with this pattern though! The cost of the patterns at Park Bench is really more than an unsized pattern should cost, in my opinion.

Kwik Sew 3072